Avangrid OSW Change Management Analyst in Boston, Massachusetts
OSW Change Management Analyst
Company: AVANGRID RENEWABLES, LLC
Boston, MA, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
Avangrid Renewables, a subsidiary of Avangrid, Inc. (NYSE: AGR), is a leading developer, owner and operator of renewable energy facilities in the United States with an eight-gigawatt portfolio of onshore wind and solar projects across 22 states. Avangrid Renewables’ offshore wind business is pioneering this new industry with a development pipeline of five gigawatts off the East Coast. Our offshore portfolio consists of the first-in-the-nation joint venture project Vineyard Wind, which will deliver 800 MW of clean energy into Massachusetts starting in 2023; Park City Wind, an 804 MW project to serve the state of Connecticut; and Kitty Hawk Offshore Wind that has the potential to deliver 2,500 MW of clean energy into Virginia and North Carolina. We aspire to be the employer of choice by providing purposeful and challenging work revolutionizing the renewable energy industry in the United States. This role will be part of a team developing, designing, constructing and operating large scale offshore wind projects which will provide affordable, clean energy and will have a transformational impact on local communities. Avangrid Renewables’ offshore business is located in Boston, Massachusetts.
Avangrid is part of the IBERDROLA Group, a global energy pioneer with the largest renewable asset base of any company in the world. Avangrid employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies – a list of America’s best corporate citizens – and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute.
The Interfaces and Change Manager is a role within the Vineyard Wind 1 project focused on the development of an 800MW Offshore Windfarm off the coast of Massachusetts. With an investment of around 3 billion dollars and a multi-million dollar EPC supply chain strategy, it is expected to reach the final investment decision in 2021 and commercial operation by 2024, becoming the nation's first utility-scale offshore wind project.
Belonging to the Project Controls team and reporting to the Project Controls Manager, the Interface and Change Manager will work closely with package managers, technical teams, and construction contractors; focussing on the identification, detailed description, review, approval and implementation of changes impacting the project’s budget and other areas. The role requires working with multinational and multi-functional team.
• Responsible for identification, analysis and management of the projects interfaces and scope changes throughout construction.
• Facilitate interface meetings between the project packages and make sure updates and actions are tracked and stored.
• Have a pro-active mindset to make sure all work scopes and actions are properly allocated and closed.
• Responsible for maintaining and progressing project changes in a dedicated software.
• Supervise the Change Management process while providing change management support to the Project’s team.
• Monitor the project in its different areas to detect and highlight potential changes (deviations to the budget and variations to contracts).
• Coordinate and facilitate the involvement of the parties to clarify, document, report and implement changes.
• Analyse, classify and assign the changes to the adequate approval level to subsequently process them.
• Produce change related ad-hoc and month-end/executive reports.
• Support on potential contract´s claims
• Maintaining and improving the change Management system/process.
• Liaising with ‘Package Managers/Budget Holders’ to detect and/or review potential changes to provide advice regarding viability and approvability
• Liaising with ‘Package Managers/Budget Holders’ to start the change process involving all parties affected by the change
• Analysing, documenting, and detailing the change before looking for approval.
• Expediting inputs & approvals to the changes as they pass through the system, ensuring Change approval forms are processed in a timely manner.
• Record and follow the approval status and budget implementation acting subsequently as point of contact for change status.
• Producing change related ad-hoc, weekly and month-end/executive reports
• Supporting the effective communication and policing of change management on the project.
• Supporting ‘Package Managers/Budget Holders’ to ensure pending and approved changes are reflected through variations in the Procurement and Commercial systems.
Skills and Requirements
• A bachelor or master in engineering or environmental studies or equivalent years of experience
• Relevant experience from complex and large scale infrastructure projects, preferably offshore wind projects.
• Strong technical background and understanding.
• Familiar with the PMI definitions of Interface Management and Change Management
• A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach.
• Outstanding communication skills and flair for chairing meetings.
• Experience with following processes and standards.
• Cultural awareness
• Proven experience in working with multi-disciplinary skills
Be a role model
Collaborate and Share
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Focus to achieve results
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org