NextEra Energy Solar Site Manager in Blythe, California
Solar Site Manager
Date:Nov 10, 2020
Primary Location:Blythe, CA, US, 92225
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 47877
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description The Blythe Solar site is currently under construction and is located in Blythe, California. Once completed this site will have a combined capacity of PV and Energy Storage of 1800 MW of which 835 will be commissioned in 2021.This position will be responsible for being a part of the management team integrating the newly constructed assets and supporting the day to day maintenance and operations activities and delivering expected total cost returns for this cluster of sites This role will be part of a regional team that will be experiencing significant growth and will be expected to support the greater team as needed to deliver expected business results.
Employees in this role will manage all aspects of a solar site or multiple sites, including the overall safe and reliable operations and maintenance activities related to solar power production. Individuals are responsible for the procurement of materials and services, materials management, budget development, financial forecasting, and other administrative activities. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Executes all aspects of Operation and Maintenance Agreements, Site Operating Plan, and the Environmental, Health, and Safety Plan including specific scope of services for site
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory and financing agreement requirements
- Complies with all company and business unit processes and procedures and meets all annual performance indicators and metrics
- Maintains integrity of site operating equipment at all times including preventive maintenance, equipment event reporting, root cause analysis of equipment failures, and corrective maintenance
- Adheres to site critical operating parameters to Power Purchase Agreement(s) and Interconnection Agreement with no defaults
- Ensures timely submission of all budget and financial forecasting requirements
- Promotes use of quality tools and analytics
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED Experience: 5+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 5+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Operations Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs Location: Blythe, California Other Work Locations: California Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs