NextEra Energy PGD Environmental Specialist - Solar Thermal in Blythe, California
PGD Environmental Specialist - Solar Thermal
Date:Feb 9, 2021
Primary Location:Blythe, CA, US, 92225
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 50700
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description This position will report to the Genesis Production Manager, under the Power Generation Team, and will work out of the Genesis Solar Site located in Blythe, California.
Environmental Specialist responsibilities:
- Environmental Program oversight and support
- Compliance Assurance – Continuous verification of Environmental Management System (EMS) processes and procedures are executed in the field
- Quarterly site operations environmental compliance assessment
- Manage Compliance Management tracker tasks and deadlines
- Preparation and support during internal and external environmental audits
- Environmental agency interface - Local point of contact for agency inquiries and site visits
- Environmental Event Response - Field support and management of environmental issues
- Proactively identify and resolve site specific compliance issues to prevent or minimize environmental impacts during events
- Perform internal and external reporting on environmental issues
- Perform / support root cause analysis for environmental events
- Environmental Compliance Program – Maintain site compliance with permit conditions and agency requirements
- Perform site compliance routines ahead of due date
- Perform routine and non-routine agency reporting
- Environmental contractor management and oversight
- Stormwater management system maintenance, conservation lands vegetation management, wildlife trapping, oil spill response
- Perform staff environmental awareness and compliance training
- Create procedures & PMs for permit or agency required compliance routines
- Review / provide feedback on operations environmental documents generated by E&C – SPCC
- Identify and resolve operations related environmental issues
- Civil/stormwater management
- Hazardous material management
- Water use permitting and well management
- Agency correspondence / reporting
- Environmental record retention / management
- Solar Operations support Job Overview
Employees in this role are responsible for assuring execution of the PGD Environmental Management System and ensuring plant water chemistry parameters are maintained in accordance with fleet recommendations. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains water chemistry Quality Assurance (QA)/Quality Control (QC) program and communicates corrective measures to the site/plant
- Conducts sampling activities as needed by site environmental permitting
- Completes required reporting to local/state/federal agencies
- Conducts routine self-inspections
- Oversees the plant or site safety program as required
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 2+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Environmental/Chemistry/Rad Protection Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs Location: Blythe, California Other Work Locations: California Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs