MDU Resources Group Systems Administrator I/II/Sr. in Bismarck, North Dakota
Systems Administrator I/II/Sr.
Company:Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
Department:System Operations and Planning
Hiring Manager:Curtis Reule
Closing Date:08/02/2021at 11:59pm CDT
Entry Level:$4,520/$6,147 - $5,650/$7,683 /month
Position is eligible for Employee Referral Program.
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. In support of the Company’s Energy Management System (EMS), this position is responsible for NERC CIP compliance, as well as design, installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, problem resolution, monitoring, control of the assigned hardware, operating system software, security systems and file structures.
Knowledge of programming and networking at a level normally acquired through the completion of a four-year degree in computer science, information technology (IT) or related field.
Level I: Two years’ experience providing technical support for the hardware, operating system software, security systems and file structures for an IT infrastructure
Level II: Four years' experience providing technical support for the hardware, operating system software, security systems and file structures for an IT infrastructure
Level Sr: Six years’ experience providing technical support for various operating systems, security systems, file structures, servers and PC hardware while providing leadership and guidance to Systems Administrators.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet multiple deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality of all company information.
• Work effectively with highly specialized teams of information technology professionals to support services within MDU Electric Operations.
• Experience in systems administration, programming, and networking in a business environment.
• Ability to remain calm and respectful during stressful situations and to work effectively in a team environment.
• Good listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to understand technical documentation and exercise good judgment, with little or no supervision in high stress situations.
• Effectively interact with internal and external customers.
• Support NERC CIP Reliability Standards and compliance by helping develop and applying policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Install, manage, patch, and upgrade EMS/SCADA applications and affiliated downstream systems.
• Subject to on-call requirements on a rotating basis.
• Must submit to periodic background checks due to the need for unescorted access to security sensitive business locations and/or systems.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
How To Apply
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com
This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF) (Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) . Download PDF Application (PDF) (Downloads/MDU-68.pdf)
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.