Southern Company Fleet Outage Manager- Birmingham, AL in Birmingham, Alabama
Fleet Outage Manager- Birmingham, AL
Fleet Outage Manager- Birmingham, AL
It's an exciting time to be part of our growing organization. Southern Nuclear, headquartered in Birmingham, AL, operates Southern Company's six nuclear reactors at three locations in Georgia and Alabama: two reactors at Plant Vogtle, near Waynesboro, GA; two reactors at Plant Hatch, near Baxley, GA; and two reactors at Plant Farley, near Dothan, AL. In addition, construction of two new reactors is ongoing at our Plant Vogtle location. If a new and significant challenge is what you have been longing for, and if you are energized, positive, committed, and desiring to make a difference, then we are looking for YOU to join our team!
Summary of Position Duties:
The position is responsible for overall governance and oversight of refueling outage planning and execution for the Southern Nuclear fleet. As such, the individual filling this position establishes policy level guidance, provides direction to nuclear plant staffs regarding outage practices and standards, evaluates programs for conformance to industry best practices and drives performance improvements where needed. This position will be actively engaged with industry peers, maintain a liaison with INPO and be influential within the industry in development of policies and standards. This position is responsible for fleet outage performance improvement.
Specific Duties Include:
• Provides corporate governance by issuing standards and procedures for scheduling, planning and conducting refueling outages for the SNC fleet
• Establishes fleet wide expectations and sets goals for outage performance
• Champions the Outage Peer Team to leverage resources to achieve performance improvement, collaboration, and standardization
• Provides oversight of outage performance through self assessments and onsite inspections
• Drives alignment to plant staffs to complete outages on time and on budget
• Represents SNC in industry wide groups such as INPO, EPRI, and NEI, related to outage management
• Interfaces with strategic alliance partners and other vendors to ensure effective and efficient outage execution
• Serves as a member of the Emergency Response Organization (EOF)
• Serves on oversight committee(s) and outage readiness review boards
• Provides input to and supports Business Plan and Fleet Improvement Initiatives such as Maximo, etc.
Safety First: We believe the safety of our employees and customers is paramount. We will perform and maintain every job, every day, safely.
Unquestionable Trust: Honesty, respect, fairness and integrity drive our behaviors. We keep our promises, and ethical behavior is our standard.
Superior Performance: We are dedicated to superior performance throughout our business. We will continue our strong focus on innovative solutions, improving how we run our business and our commitment to environmental stewardship.
Total Commitment: We are committed to the success of our employees, our customers, our shareholders and our communities. We fully embrace, respect, and value our differences and diversity.
Essential Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Physical Requirements: Stand, Walk, Climb, Bend, Stoop
Problem solving skills
Oral and written communication skills
Ability to work in radiological controlled areas
Available to travel and work callout
Following are the minimum requirements for this position.
• 8 years power plant experience to include 5 years nuclear plant experience
• 2 years’ experience as an outage manager at a nuclear power plant
• 5 years supervisory/management experience in operations, maintenance, or outage planning
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical degree
• Desired to have held a Senior Reactor Operators license
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America’s premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Alabama-Metro Birmingham/Eastern AL-Birmingham
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 50 % of the Time
Inverness Ofc Park Bldg 40 - 40 Inverness Center Parkway (40BIRMINGHAM)
40 Inverness Center Parkway
Req ID: SNC2005105