Avangrid Senior Engineer in Binghamton, New York
Company: NY STATE ELECTRIC & GAS C
Binghamton, NY, US Rochester, NY, US Canandaigua, NY, US
Iberdrola is a global energy leader, the number one producer of wind power, and one of the world's biggest electricity utilities in terms of market capitalisation. The group supplies energy to almost 100 million people in dozens of countries including Spain, the United Kingdom (ScottishPower), the United States (AVANGRID), Brazil (Neoenergia), Mexico, Germany, Portugal, Italy and France, with a workforce of more than 35,000 people.
Iberdrola is leading the transition towards a sustainable energy model through its investments in renewable energy, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and digital transformation, to offer its customers the most advanced products and services. Thanks to its commitment to clean energy, Iberdrola is one of the companies with the lowest emissions and an international benchmark for its contribution to sustainability and the fight against climate change.
The Senior Engineer in Projects organization is an engineer position with responsibilities over the portfolio of projects assigned to the Unit where the Engineer will be assigned to, ensuring each project is engineered in compliance with regulations, company standards, and consistently across the board.
Position reports to the Manager Resiliency Field Projects, but the position will work day-to-day in cross functional project team and support project needs as dictated by the Manager.
• Project detailed engineering, designs and calculations using standard methodology & principles including all phases such as: scoping and budgeting, conceptual engineering, engineering design, construction and closeout.
• Oversite of technical review of all design sketches, and SAP work orders within portfolio.
• Coordinate engineering reviews with distribution planning regarding scope of work, feasibility of circuit additions, and fuse coordination.
• Maintain, & understand drawings (e.g. schematics, one-line diagrams, etc,…).
• Develop & specify equipment, assemble documents & other requirements for assignments of projects using depth & breadth of expertise in own discipline.
• Ensure all engineering designs implemented by the company meet applicable company, local, state, and national codes and standards.
• Mentor new engineers and train in competent distribution field design and engineering practices.
• Ability to collaborate across departments.
• Work independently although supervision might be required.
• Field meetings for construction kickoff acting as the engineering representative to discuss and defend designs.
• Has the ability to participate in storm duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, math or science required,
• 8 years minimum relevant experience with 2 of those years in distribution engineering or field design,
• May accept 6 years experience for outstanding candidates with additional distribution field engineering background.
Preferred Qualifications: (Optional)
• SAP experience creating or maintaining work orders,
• Microsoft Excel mastery (including pivot tables),
• Professional Engineering License preferred,
Skills and Requirements:
• Theoretical Engineering knowledge - Planning, Operations and Engineering Design, Analytic, modeling & Calculation, understanding the business model; Global View of the Business (Values cross-functional collaboration, understands importance of growing knowledge and developing relationships and links across the organization).
• Practical engineering experience/application - Planning, Operations and Engineering Design, Construction, (e.g. field experience, standardization "Perform economic analyses of engineering alternatives, develop business cases and defend in front of stakeholders."),
• Engineering documentation – Ability to adequately document and interpret engineering documentation,
• Ability to review and approve engineering work done by others to ensure compliance with company standards, specifications, and contract requirements,
• Knowledge of Regulatory and Compliance Environment – Local, State and Federal Regulatory Standards and requirements.
Functional/job/business specific Competencies -
• knowledge of the regulatory environment including relevant output and incentive mechanisms.
• knowledge company, local, state, and national codes and standards.
• knowledge in Distribution field design and construction for utility environments or large corporations.
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org