Avangrid Manager -Transmission & Substation Asset Management in Binghamton, New York
Manager -Transmission & Substation Asset Management
Company: NY STATE ELECTRIC & GAS C
Binghamton, NY, US
Iberdrola is a global energy leader, the number one producer of wind power, and one of the world's biggest electricity utilities in terms of market capitalisation. The group supplies energy to almost 100 million people in dozens of countries including Spain, the United Kingdom (ScottishPower), the United States (AVANGRID), Brazil (Neoenergia), Mexico, Germany, Portugal, Italy and France, with a workforce of more than 35,000 people.
Iberdrola is leading the transition towards a sustainable energy model through its investments in renewable energy, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and digital transformation, to offer its customers the most advanced products and services. Thanks to its commitment to clean energy, Iberdrola is one of the companies with the lowest emissions and an international benchmark for its contribution to sustainability and the fight against climate change.
Location:Orange, CT, Binghamton, NY or Rochester, NY , Augusta, ME,
This position is responsible for developing and leading a team of experts in the design, implementation, and ongoing support of a Best-in-Class Asset Management Model for all AVANGRID T&S Assets. This role, and the supporting team, will provide data analysis and subject matter expertise to the organization including health and risk assessments of the population of T&S assets as well as supporting repair or replace asset strategies.
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining a T&S field survey methodology and criteria, facility prioritization and annual schedule of surveys, and the development of a survey assessment tool in support of AVANGRID’s Asset Condition Replacement Strategy. This information will be used to inform an overall T&S facility priority ranking, by OpCo, and put the T&S Project Development Team in a position to perform comprehensive needs and solutions assessments on those T&S facilities, identified as most critical.
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining various criteria, standards, and process documents (e.g. T&S “Brownfield” needs and solutions replacement strategy, etc.) which will aid in the execution of T&S field surveys, analysis for pre-conceptual/conceptual engineering activities, and comprehensive needs and solutions assessments. This role is expected to be Planning’s “go-to” resource when it comes to health assessments of our fleet of T&S assets as well as the application of industry codes & standards (e.g. NESC, ASCE, ISO 55000, etc.) in support of project development.
Specific responsibilities include leading AVANGRID efforts to:
• Develop, implement, and continuously improve a best in class T&S Asset Management program.
• Assess, recommend, and implement organizational process and resource changes and make use of latest technology to improve efficiencies.
• Influence the organization’s acceptance and use of asset management best practices in daily activities.
• Actively collaborate with other companies and industry peers (e.g. CEAITI, AMI, NATF, etc.) to ensure appropriate continual improvement and benchmarking.
• Influence positive regulatory outcomes by preparing, submitting, and defending (e.g. witness, etc.) high quality asset management strategies and policies that drive prudent decision making and reliability improvements.
• Develop and build collaborative relationships with internal business areas (e.g. Operations, Maintenance, etc.) as well as external stakeholders (e.g. regulators and ISO’s) by providing subject matter expertise as well as thoughtful, prudent, and well documented support for AVANGRID’s AM practices.
• Develop and implement methods to objectively monitor health, risk, performance and rates of deterioration or improvement of AVANGRID’s T&S asset base.
• Develop and continually maintain AVANGRID’s Asset Condition Criteria (e.g. T&S Brownfield Minimum Criteria and Guidance). Updates to these criteria will be informed by the development of new techniques and methods to analyze T&S facilities and information obtained by performing T&S surveys.
• Actively monitors industry standards (e.g. NESC, ASCE) in support of best practices and represents T&S Asset Planning in the review and endorsement of AVANGRID’s TM Design Standards.
• SME responsible for overseeing, developing, and maintaining the tools necessary for +200/-50% (IP1) project cost estimates for project development
• Develops comprehensive multi-year T&S facility/drone inspection programs and schedules to support OpCo rate case preparation and establish the basis for future project opportunities.
Business Leadership: Energizing leader that promotes a culture of collaboration, efficiency, innovation, and quality across business areas. Promotes continual growth and development to advance business objectives. Ensure consistent, constructive, and clear performance feedback mechanisms to build and promote a high functioning team focused on the achievement of complex business objectives.
Strategic and Technical Leadership: Provides strategic leadership and collaboration with teams across multiple business areas. Initiates, leads, collaborates an advises on a broad range of Asset Management issues, T&S project technical reviews, Equipment Standardization, etc.
Communicate, influence and motivate: Use of excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of management to inform and influence others, providing strategic input for business plans and decision making. Serves as a witness on regulatory and technical issues to advance business objectives (ISO’s, siting council, PUC’s, etc.). Represent AVANGRID in national and regional forums.
Each employee must accept responsibility for their own safety and health as well as the safety and health of their fellow employees.
Note: The above Key Responsibilities/Duties are not intended to be all inclusive. Employees in this position may be required to perform other related aspects of the job not listed above or listed under Purpose/Major Objectives as assigned by the supervisor.
Skills and Requirements
Experience: 7 Years
Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, or Structural Engineering. An advanced education such as an MBA and / or a Professional Engineering License is a plus.
Seven years of related experience in Transmission and Substation (T&S) planning, design, operations, asset management or maintenance. Demonstrated ability to develop and lead teams in solving unique and complex problems having a broad impact on the Transmission Business.
Candidates with broad skills that include utility asset management (e.g. ISO 55000, Institute of Asset Management, etc.) along with Operations, Maintenance, and or Engineering design expertise are strongly preferred.
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org