Iberdrola USA Lead Analyst - Energy Buyer (NYSEG/RGE 63505) Kirkwood, NY US in Binghamton, New York
Business and Department
NYSEG-NY-Kirkwood JACC Binghamton,NY
Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
Performs real-time energy purchases and sales, generator bidding/dispatch and load balancing.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
- Supports the purchase of natural gas and/or electric for the Company, which meets customer requirements in a least cost and reliable manner. This includes executing off-system sales and capacity releases and financial hedging activities.(50%,P)
- Observes weather conditions and generator availability that may impact Company’s financial position and subsequent load/generation bidding strategies.(5%,S)
- Maintains and verifies records of all transactions and usage related to gas/electric ordered and flow of gas/electric.(20%,P)
- Ensures that capacity under contract is fully utilized and the maximum value is recovered. Optimizes all storage injections, withdrawals and transports.(20%,P)
- Supports Company contracts (commodity and transportation) to meet Company objectives in the OSS and Target Margin requirements.(5%,S)
Education & Experience Required:
Associates Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience required. Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience preferred.
A minimum of 2 years of experience in wholesale commodity acquisition and supply preferred.
Knowledge/experience in these areas desirable: natural gas/electric capacity, transport, ISO, ISO MIS, PJM, ISONE.
Able to work independently.
Able to make precise decisions.
Knowledge of financial analysis and spreadsheets.
Must be willing to work on a rotating shift.
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply to positions, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 833-246-6347 or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Department: Electric Supply B
Job Title: Lead Analyst - Energy Buyer (NYSEG/RGE)
Location: Binghamton, NY (NYSEG-NY-Kirkwood JACC)
Cross Company Responsibility: Yes
Publication date: 27.06.2018