Eversource Energy Supervisor, Lead Analyst, Operations Performance in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support over 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA, and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
This position is responsible for facilitating the creation and maintenance of performance measurement, reporting and analyses to enable corporate and business area leaders with the decision support information needed to meet their goals. Oversee a variety of performance improvement projects. Work collaboratively with other team members and departments on routine work and special projects. Mentor and develop performance analysts.
- Responsible for training and development of Analysts in the group
- Proficient in all reporting systems for the gas business
- Works directly with business areas on process improvement related to data
- Oversees the facilitation of the design, build and maintenance performance reporting processes to assure up-to-date performance results are available for business use throughout the year.
- Collects performance data and information from a variety of sources and keeps all data collection tools organized and updated throughout the year. Reviews and assures data quality on a regular basis, taking steps to correct data or processes as needed.
- Leads the creation of new data collection models and processes to establish metrics. Develops streamlined approaches to minimize manual processes and duplicative work by CPM or business areas.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining appropriate documentation for performance metrics (i.e., Basis Documents, etc.) and reporting processes to enable cross-training and business continuity.
- Oversees the preparation of data, presentations, reports or information as needed to assist business improvement initiatives, respond to regulatory requests for information, as input to business decision making and for the goals & budget development processes. May include repackaging existing information and/or creating new, ad hoc reports or tools.
- Conducts research to identify best practices and performance comparisons. Involves utilizing existing/available benchmarking opportunities from external parties and creating new Company-sponsored surveys. Outreach to benchmarking partners at other utilities or industries. Locates, validates and inputs Company data and information into surveys, and creates presentations and analytics as part of comparative assessments used in communicating the results of research or surveys.
- Strong ability to design, build, analyze and interpret data models (relational tables or databases), ability to use standard business reporting software to build and modify reports and databases (heavy emphasis on advanced Excel) and in using data from a data warehouse or other database.
- Must be able to identify and ensure data quality and accuracy.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills,
- Strong mathematics capabilities, conceptual/analytics capabilities,
- Advanced Excel and reporting tools skills, process analysis tools use.
Knowledge of the company, industry and business areas being supported. Ability to understand, validate and communicate performance results and progress of business initiatives
Key skills are in understanding and using data to measure and explain performance, extracting and analyzing data, working with IT systems, developing analytics, collaborating with others, communicating in a business setting with all levels of management
- Must be able to demonstrate effectiveness in performance analysis,
- Strong ability in developing tools and models to analyze and explain results, developing executive presentation material to explain performance analyses.
- Requires self-directed work ethic and abilities, capable of taking the lead on action items or initiatives while also collaborating with others within and outside of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, Finance or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Ten (10) Plus years of related experience.
- Experience in data handling and business process/performance analysis, strongly preferred
- Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Provide tools, information, training
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs