Eversource Energy Supervisor, Energy Efficiency - Active Demand and DERs in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
If you’re passionate about sustainability and are forward-thinking, join a team of professionals connected and motivated by this common commitment to the environment and furthering the energy efficiency of our region. In this role, you will be responsible for a team of Energy Efficiency Consultants that develop and implement Eversource’s load management and distributed energy resources in activities that can remotely control customer-owned resources like smart thermostats, battery storage and electric vehicle charging systems to reduce the peak demand on the energy grid across Eversource’s tristate territory. Your main goal in this role will be to:
1) Ensure the programs enacted by your team meet certain energy efficiency goals
2) Ensure the programs propel Eversource into new and creative ways to actively manage energy usage.
As an innovative thinker, you will lead the team in growing which resources can be tapped and when to reduce the need for energy infrastructure upgrades and lowering customer energy costs. On a regular basis, you will interact with both internal teams such as sales, system planning, distribution, evaluation and engineering as well as external partners such as regulatory authority administrators and other energy efficiency stakeholders to work towards achieving energy efficiency goals.
Reporting manager: Energy Efficiency Manager, Active Demand
- Oversee the integration of strategic activities between the customer, program administrators, advisory consultants and vendors/contractors to yield customer-centric programs and services
- Lead initiatives that research, identify, develop and implement new value-added products and services for all customer classes
- Develop relationships with key customers, stakeholders and contractors that participate in assigned energy efficiency programs
- Direct supervision of department staff, including personnel professional development, performance assessments, recruitment and preparation of reporting procedures for program implementation activities (e.g. production summary, target attainment, etc.)
- Oversee the budgeting, invoicing and tracking of expenses and energy savings, as well as the development of RFP's for contracted services.
- Requires ability to interpret energy efficiency/renewable technologies and understand their application
Requires fundamental understanding of financial principals
Demonstrates leadership, mentoring, and networking skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or a related
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in energy project management or energy efficiency
- Experience and/or aptitude in load management programs desired
Experience in communication at various levels of organizations, companies and institutions
Experience in presentations and public speaking desired
Licenses & Certifications:
- Relevant energy efficiency certifications desired
Vaccination Information: Eversource requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Emergency Response : Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs