Eversource Energy Senior Staff Accountant in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
We are seeking a highly motivated, self-driven candidate to join the Corporate Accounting Team. As the Senior Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for the review of FERC & SEC financial data and provide financial support to Eversource. Responsible for the review and approval of month-end, and year-end matters, compliance, and other financial responsibilities. In addition, the selected candidate must have managerial skills, be a team player and possess a strong knowledge of accounting principles!
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the Eversource accounting function.
- Reviews specific quarterly and annual FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) Forms.
- Approves and oversees the Eversource unclaimed property process.
- Approves journal entries for accounts, reviews, and reconciles general ledger accounts, analyzes variances.
- Investigates and resolves outstanding items.
- Manages Accounting staff of 1-3 individuals.
- Approves annual and quarterly SEC disclosure requests.
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting theory
- Team player
- Managerial skills
- Strong knowledge of functional accounting practices and procedures
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Quantitative and qualitative analyses skills
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Demonstrated kill with MS Office applications (Specifically Word and Excel)
- Ability to use and apply sound judgement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. A Master’s level degree and/or CPA designation preferred.
- Five (5) plus years of related accounting experience preferably in a corporate and/or public accounting environment
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for growth.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs