Eversource Energy Senior Staff Accountant in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Under general direction, the Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for the preparation of financial data for Eversource. Provide financial support to Eversource. Responsible for the preparation of month-end, and year-end matters, compliance, and other financial responsibilities.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Eversource accounting function.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial closing processes.
- Prepares and owns specific monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Performs accounting control activities including account reconciliations, journal entries and close-out reviews for work orders supporting the Distribution business, including support of the work management system.
- Plans, coordinates, and performs assignments associated with the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial management reports including reports and presentations to Senior Management and Board.
- Prepares journal entries for accounts, reviews and reconciles general ledger accounts, analyzes variances.
- Investigates and resolves outstanding items.
- Maintains the integrity of accounting information in the system and makes adjustments as needed.
- Prepares and analyzes financial projections.
- May provide training and direction to Accountants.
- Advises Lead on accounting issues and possible solutions.
- Interpret and analyze financial statements and transactions for trends and reasonableness of results.
- Design and implement new accounting processes to streamline and simplify closing and reporting procedures.
- Work with staff and non-finance staff to resolve open financial issues that impact the integrity of financial information.
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting theory
- Strong knowledge of functional accounting practices and procedures
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Quantitative and qualitative analyses skills
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Strong functional understanding of computerized accounting programs
- Demonstrated skill with MS Office applications (specifically Word and Excel)
- Ability to use and apply sound judgement
- Ability to interpret complex information in a user-friendly manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- A Master’s level degree and/or CPA designationpreferred.
- Five (5) plus years of related accounting experience preferably in a corporate and/or public accountingenvironment
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Eversource is recognized as one of the top utilities in the country specializing in energy efficiency solutions for our customers. Our team of energy experts work with residents, businesses, designers, and contractors across New England to advance clean energy solutions. We provide our customers with the expertise necessary to improve comfort, increase business performance, and lower energy costs. We are building the region’s premier energy efficiency team and are seeking candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Serving more than 3.6 million electric and natural gas customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, and employing a workforce of more than 8,000 New Englanders, Eversource represents one unified company across three states.
The energy efficiency solutions provided by Eversource have received top honors from national organizations such as ENERGY STAR, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, and Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for growth.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs