Eversource Energy Senior Specialist, Grid Modernization in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)1.Role and Scope of Position:
Individual will bring electric GIS modeling expertise to the Grid Modernization team and act as a subject matter expert on multiple projects that rely on GIS data to support the model of the distribution network. Such systems include GIS, Synergi, DMS and OMS.
Individual will also represent Grid Modernization on the company’s GIS consolidation project and provide subject matter expertise to help define the electric system data model. Individual will collaborate with a cross functional project team to deliver a new GIS system at Eversource. In addition, this individual will also utilize their experience to help identify new technologies and evaluate the implementation, technical pros and cons and fit at Eversource.
Individual will work closely with employees and management from Engineering, System Operations, Field Operations and IT.
- Responsible for representing Grid Modernization in the company’s GIS consolidation project as a subject matter expert
Works closely with the project manager and a cross functional team to design and implement all aspects associated with the various phases of the company’s GIS consolidation project
Help design the future GIS database to achieve an optimal system to be used for multiple critical interfaces
- Support the development of GIS Consolidation project approval documentation with need statement, scope, description of technical solution, alternatives considered, risks and mitigations, budget and timeline.
Investigate new technologies and tools in the industry and assess the relevance of and benefit to the Company’s grid modernization efforts with a focus on interface with GIS.
Helps develop and implement training material for GIS systems and products
- Provides technical expertise in the fields of compilation, mapping techniques, cad-computer operation, and data acquisition
Performs quality control of data preparation and database input to support facility data and connectivity model
Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze data and information and extract relevant factors.
- Experience extracting data from multiple databases including MS Access, and a variety of internal SQL and Oracle databases.
- Demonstrated skill with MS Office Applications.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong team membership skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations
- Ability and willingness to work to meet deadlines
High degree of initiative, personal ownership and accountability
- Thorough understanding of geographic information systems (GIS) and their data structure, attribution, symbology, and maintenance methodologies deployed at electric utilities
- Experience using ESRI’s GIS and Schneider’s ArcFM platforms
- Basic understanding of engineering and real time distribution system modeling tools (DMS, OMS, Synergi Electric)
- Strong analytical skills including experience querying large data sets to resolve data quality issues
- Demonstrated competency and proficiency in oral and written communications
- Ideal candidate is customer driven, displays initiative as a change agent with a can-do attitude and accepts responsibility and holds others accountable
- Proven teamwork, problem solving, interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Highly developed communication skills, (i.e. the ability to listen, write clearly, ability to discuss ideas and be persuasive).
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues internal and external to Eversource.
- Ability to grasp concepts, analyze project information, determine facts, be sensitive to underlying issues, and make well thought out recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to use Power BI for creation of reporting
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint)
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS or equivalent or a credited GIS Certification or equivalent experience
- Five years related experience developing and designing applications
- Five years of design and maintenance of GIS databases is preferred
- Specialized training beyond high school, including database development, land surveying, aerial photogrammetry, CAD/CAM training, and GIS applications (Esri/ArcFM, Smallworld)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Daily use of a computer and other office type equipment
Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and remain self-directed is required. Work includes technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs