Eversource Energy Senior Regulatory Financial Analyst in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 4 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
The Senior Regulatory Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting regulatory financial aspects of the Company’s transmission service including analysis associated with negotiation of financial terms of contracts and agreements ensuring full recovery and protection against loss. This includes administration, financial recording and preparation and/or review of transmission related service and contract billings. Support of the weekly and monthly invoicing form ISO-NE for revenues and expenses for wholesale capacity, transmission and energy and department FERC reporting responsibilities. This position is also expected to help identify and support operational efficiencies by leveraging technology and eliminate redundancies in processes.
- Supports manager on financial negotiations associated with transmission service contracts and agreements.
- Assists with the preparation of all regulatory financial aspects associated with transmission service, including monitoring/evaluating/billing contracts.
- Prepares or reviews ISO-NE bill components.
- Supports the preparation, review and submittal of assigned FERC Form 3-Q/1, 582 and Electronic Quarterly reporting associated with transmission service contracts and agreements.
- Responsible preparing or reviewing associated journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in identifying opportunities in areas of responsibilities to reduce redundancies, enhance efficiencies, leverage new technologies and provide consistency.
- Provides financial analytical support to the transmission interconnection group.
- Supports regulatory financial projects as necessary.
- Collaborates effectively with several key business areas and directs a variety of Transmission related regulatory financial activities.
- Keeps Manager informed of issues, impediments and progress.
- Strong knowledge of finance and accounting. Understanding of utility accounting and regulatory framework is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience required.
- Detailed oriented and the ability to be thorough and precise.
- Ability to multi-task and shift among competing priorities.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work across functional / organizational boundaries.
- Strong technical skills including MS Office applications and various financial systems.
- Support innovation; continually and consistently challenge the status quo.
- Possess a high degree of initiative and ownership.
- Contribute to a collaborative and positive work atmosphere in a team environment.
- CPA or industry specific designation(s) preferred
- Must be able to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs