Eversource Energy Senior Gas Supply Analyst-EGMA in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Oversee/review third-party CT Retail Choice Program (“Transportation”) and associate filings and testimony. Provide senior support for and review of MA Choice programs, as assigned. Participate in the planning, preparation analyses, and/or review of regulatory filings associated with MA and CT Gas Supply activities, including but not limited Demand and Supply and PGA filings and testimony, as well as. Interface with Revenue Load Resources in the preparation of deferred gas cost calculation and with Regulatory Policy and Planning and Regulatory Pricing Strategy management to monitor, analyze and develop new tariff language and/or propose changes to existing tariffs. Work closely with the Eversource Gas Sales group, providing various price information and special contract overview, as needed, to support customer growth initiatives. External communication activities include the coordination, preparation and/or review of Annual PURA filings, various FERC, DOE, NGA, DOT,10K and other industry filings integral to ensuring market transparency, adherence to government mandates and to promoting operational quality via participation in market/peer data sharing ventures.
- Provides CT and MA Transportation activity support and oversight, including administration of CT ancillary services related to mandated unbundling directives and preparation of all annual compliance filings.
- Participates in strategic planning initiatives such as gas IRP/peak-day forecasts.
- Prepares, interest accrual, fuel loss calculation support, historic and forecasted gas cost data for PGA, as well as Oil price projection for alternative fuel Sales intelligence, as well as, oversees, reviews Gas Supply accounting entries and related Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Monitors and compliance of assigned FERC and international matters of interest, including all licensing renewals and waivers.
- Support Special Contract pricing, monitoring, and billing. Responsible for calculating and publishing monthly Standard Offer/Floor price for sales customer negotiations
- Maintains various energy related internal databases critical to Gas Supply effectiveness
- Spearheads assigned automation projects and integration of dual state processes. .
- Builds and maintains networks of key contacts across the organization facilitating organizational efficiencies, participating in committees, teams, task forces as required to identify, evaluate and resolve and/or improve intra- and interdepartmental operational effectiveness.
- Works effectively with all levels of management in order to provide analysis and problem-solving recommendations.
- Oversees Gas Transportation and Gas Supply accounting staff, activities, and related entries.
- May act as back-up to Manager-Gas Supply.
- Knowledge and experience with revenue planning and forecasting processes required.
- Knowledge of tariff applications and regulatory filing is a plus.
- Strong knowledge, experience and demonstrated ability in all areas of gas commodity send-out modeling and applicable industry analyses and reporting.
- Must possess an understanding of rate making concepts, regulatory accounting, commodity dispatch modeling, and work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrates competency and proficiency in oral and written communications;
- Customer driven;
- Displays initiative;
- Accepts responsibility and holds others accountable;
- Participates in and facilitates team effectiveness, assuming the role of team leader, when necessary;
- Thinks and acts analytically, making sound decisions to support the mission;
- Applies knowledge and skill to solve problems and responds promptly, appropriately and constructively to employees;
- Demonstrates ability to achieve and influence results through others, both those internal and external to the reporting unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, related field or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in similar field a plus
- 5 plus years of related experience is required
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs