Eversource Energy Senior Contract Administrator in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for the need identification, development, support and vendor compliance of various Eversource contracts. Develop and maintain relationships with contractors, arrange pre- and post-bid meetings with bidders as well as other meetings as necessary to provide for the overall management of contracts. The administrator will utilize vendors efficiently to reduce their cost to the Company by scheduling, monitoring and evaluating contractor performance. The senior position will support specific Eversource Departments by interfacing with Purchasing for service-related contracts. Interact with Purchasing to pre-qualify vendors and ensure their availability as well as with Legal regarding contract development. Review benchmarking studies and analyze contractor cost vs. Eversource crew cost and recommend best resource mix available.
- Develops contract requirements, negotiates with vendors and monitors contract compliance.
- Reviews benchmarking studies and analyzes contractor cost/performance to ensure cost effective use of resources.
- Builds and maintains vendor relationships.
- Maintains necessary schedules and ensure vendor availability and skill sets to meet the needs of Eversource customers.
- Monitors construction work and assists in administration of contract claims and change order process.
- Manages invoice processing and resolves invoice questions.
- Analyzes invoice process for efficiencies and makes recommendations for increased use of EDI where appropriate.
- Participates in negotiation process to establish contract structure, price, terms and conditions and any other pertinent contract items.
- Reviews upcoming projects and makes recommendations for bidding vs. using blanket contractor.
- Participates as Eversource's representative in Purchasing's Contract Admin Task Force (CATF).
- Reviews of all Eversource Service Contracts and assures that contracts are formally closed to avoid having an improper avenue for future charges.
- Approves access to the Contractor web pages on the Eversource website.
- Ensures contractors awareness and receipt of updated GO's, procedures, Engineering News issues and any other correspondence requiring acknowledgement by contractors.
- Administers the safety sensitive position requirements for all Eversource purchase orders.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access and Projects is required
- Develop and analyze contract terms, negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to acquire knowledge of contracting principles and legal terms/conditions and purchasing principles is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, or an equivalent degree with a concentration in Finance or Accounting or equivalent experience
- MBA is desirable
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of related experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs