Eversource Energy Project Engineer, Gas Engineering (Berlin, CT) in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Plans, develops, schedules, and performs engineering assignments related to the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of gas distribution and pressure regulating systems, including major/complex projects. Analyzes, recommends and develops specific projects for implementation. Assumes supervisory on-call assignments as required. Supports values and commitment to NSTAR’s mission, strategy and values.Designs systems or installations to fit the Company’s objectives, with some latitude for independent action and decision making, conforming to industry standards, guidelines and regulations of federal, state and local authorities.
- Gas systems include, but are not limited to, gate stations, regulator stations, SCADA systems, telemetry, large worker/monitor regulator stations, uprates, pipeline projects and bridge/RR crossings.
- Perform site layouts and prepare necessary documents for procurement, permitting and construction. Specifies and procure materials and equipment. Coordinate in-house and contract labor with Planning & Scheduling and Gas Operations
- Prepare projects for bid, schedule and conduct bid meetings. Evaluate bids and initiate award of purchase orders.
- Develops and maintains field procedures to ensure compliance with company standards and procedures, federal, state and local regulations and codes.
- Coordinate construction activities with customers, contractors, States, Municipalities and internal departments.
Assists in the oversite of construction activities to insure specification and code compliance. Ensure compliance with field procedures and the coordination with Gas Control.
Reviews purchase requisitions, and invoices related to departmental activity. Monitors and provides reports on project and departmental budgets. Provides variances from scheduled and cost targets as required.
Assist junior staff and review their work and provide direction or assistance in carrying out assignments.
- Provides financial support to upper management for budget development and cost tracking. Develop and present project summaries as required.
- Coordinates resources required to complete processes or projects.
- Utilizes fundamental gas flow equations and hydraulic software to design or recommend changes to existing gas piping systems.
- Implements and monitors gas compliance programs that include corrosion control and leak surveys.
- Assists in gas distribution system restoration efforts during emergencies.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires theoretical and conceptual knowledge of discipline to develop and evaluate a process, procedure or regulatory requirements in the gas distribution business. Also requires an understanding of Company structure and business practices to implement procedures. Familiarity with MS computer operations. Some travel required. Some exposure to gaseous atmospheres, construction site hazards, and hazards on customer’s property.
Education: Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology or related discipline.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years in engineering. Gas experience a plus.
This is a Safety Sensitive position and subject to random drug testing.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor