Eversource Energy Procurement. Sourcing Agent - Energy Efficiency in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for driving the Energy Efficiency procurement sourcing strategies , managing the bid process and negotiating the purchase of services for medium dollar/complexity purchases. The Sourcing Agent supports the company's strategic direction and assists with building an organization that will expertly execute procurement control processes. This position will promote strategic and operational functions of the company-wide volume aggregation and standardization, supplier base optimization, and assist with the development of cost-saving synergies across all functions. Sourcing Agents assist in identifying and implementing best practices in all procurement processes. This position builds supportive internal and external relationships within Procurement and across the Energy Efficiency group. Serves as a trusted advisor to Energy Efficiency client groups - providing expertise and advice on new approaches to sourcing and contract management as well as guidance on compliance with relevant company and public sector policies and procedures.
- Drives cross-functional teams through all stages of the sourcing process: supplier evaluation, supplier negotiation and contract implementation.
- Executes sourcing activities by working with stakeholders to prepare Request for Proposal (RFPs), review bids, and negotiate with suppliers for spend categories as assigned.
- Seeks to improve capabilities of the supply base and/or key business processes - implements best practices in sourcing and contract management.
- Engages the business partner to define, analyze and prioritize requirements with a view to the longer term business strategy.
- Stays abreast of supply market trends, suppler economics.
- Plans sourcing events with business to manage contract end dates and allow for transition.
- Provides consultation services to the business to resolve contract disputes.
- Negotiates and executes medium dollar/complex contracts.
- Collaborates with Legal to review commercial terms and ensure contracts properly define requirements in Statements of Work (SOWs)
- Ensures development and qualification of sources to support purchases of supplies, conducting sites visits to current and prospective suppliers as required.
- Identify supply and quality problems proactively and lead the development of corrective actions to the benefit of Procurement's Energy Efficiency business partners.
- 3-5 years procurement experience
- Energy Efficiency experience preferred
- Requires a Bachelor's degree
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor