Eversource Energy Portfolio Architect, Electric Field Technologies in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
The Portfolio Architect are responsible for providing overall direction, guidance, and definition of a technology architecture that effectively supports the Corporate Business and IT strategies for assigned portfolio area. Works with Enterprise Architecture on standards, governance, resiliency, variances and improvement for the enterprise. Ensures maintenance of inventory of applications, systems, and integrations within the portfolio area and documentation of the overall architectural view of the portfolio. Supports the Portfolio Architecture leadership on
o Architecture Framework
o Enterprise Initiatives
o Architecture Execution and enablement.
Develops portfolio standards, practices, and architectural patterns in line with the enterprise standards and practices. Additional responsibilities include establishing the overall architectural view, identifying major system interfaces, developing module reuse on an application portfolio and business domain, and identifying existing architecture weaknesses and opportunities for process reengineering; performs systems analysis and design, system modeling, performance modeling, integration planning, and technology and component selection to ensure architectural consistency and coherence between technical and business processes
The Portfolio Architect with Electric Field Technologies ( Electric field Work and asset management, mobile systems, metering and devices) experience, responsible for and understanding the business needs of their portfolio area and how all solutions in their area are used in different ways to meet those needs.
Their responsibilities include:
• Managing the portfolio architecture designs, and guides technology direction within a portfolio of applications that are aligned with business Roadmaps.
• Leads rationalization and optimization of application and technologies within one or more business domains.
• Works on multiple IT architecture projects as a project leader or works on multiple application projects as a subject matter expert; works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
• Onboards and guides Project Architects including the design and modeling of solutions, component identification and acquisition, quality review, and development of guidelines and procedures; supervises solution architects and technical leads for the portfolio.
• Participates in technical and business discussions relative to future enterprise direction; aligns architectural.
strategy with business goals.
• Analyzes the current architecture to identify weaknesses, risks and to develop opportunities for improvements such as expanding capacity, reducing time and cost, and increasing effectiveness and resiliency.
• Assisting Enterprise Architecture in developing and communicating architectural policies and standards for the
o Reviews, analyzes, and develops architectural requirements and framework strategy.
o Develops materials and presents on current and future architecture trends and their impact on
• Understands and documents the business direction of the portfolio and provide technical diagrams and road maps of portfolio technology.
• Develops technology roadmaps and strategic documents for the portfolio defining multi-year architectural technology and application requirements.
• Collaborates and documents portfolio designs that meet the needs of the business and IT standards for technology, application and resiliency.
• Aligning solutions within portfolio and across the enterprise
• Coordinates with the PMO, Portfolio Managers, and Product Centers on planning upcoming projects and work.
• Working with Domain Architects to ensure that application life cycle plans are developed and align with portfolio roadmaps.
• Provides guidance on Architecture related effort and cost estimates and the execution of work streams within the portfolio.
• Ensures development and maintenance of portfolio level documentation - key applications, data flows, roadmaps, business capabilities, and links to more detailed solution documentation.
• Act as a consultant supporting the portfolio and assists on complex troubleshooting that spans solutions in the portfolio.
• Ensures that portfolio designs and as-built designs remain current for operational use.
• Participates in the Project 1,3,5 year planning process, ensuring architecture concerns and risks are raised and being addressed in project planning as appropriate.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
- Experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Demonstrable ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics.
- Experience coordinating and working cross-functionally across various IT departments including infrastructure, security, and the PMO.
- Proficient knowledge in ITIL Framework, including Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Control as well as Change Management.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to clearly communicate with at all levels of organization.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies, application portfolio rationalization and decommissioning strategies and execution challenges.
- Track record of leading and delivering cost effective solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally.
- Ability to lead effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to evaluate and manage risk.
- Ability to plan and schedule deliverables and work under deadlines - must multi-task effectively.
- Strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to set priorities and focus on appropriate roadblocks that hinder the organizations goals, knowledge, and experience.
- Experience in managing all aspects of vendor relationship including vendor performance and SLA adherence.
- Strong workload management skills.
- Experience with Agile and DevOps preferred.
- Experience leading a team.
Utility experience with the following areas/application:
Electric field work, asset management and mobile systems
- Intunes, E-Click, COM, Colligio, ipads and Windows 10 devices
Minimum of 10 years IT Architect or Lead Subject Matter Expert providing:
Solutions and roadmaps in complex environments
- Highly experienced developing artifacts for architecture, design, implementation, support, and management of the technologies
- Three or more years of experience in supervising and leading architects
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related disciplineor equivalent work experience.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs