Eversource Energy Meter Data Representative in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Performs duties and operates procedures associated with the Meter to Bill Process. Provides reports and fulfills data requests associated with Metering Services, Operations, Billing and Eversource Stakeholders. Troubleshoots a variety of issues related to the metering process and makes recommendations to management.
Role and Scope of Position: Performs duties and operates procedures associated with the meter-to-bill process. Completes daily tasks in support of metering projects and processes, as instructed, with focus on areas including meter data exception processing, field service support, meter data collection, meter data warehousing, meter data presentation, and other duties as assigned.
- Investigates, troubleshoots and resolves meter communication meter issues.
- Investigates, documents, and resolves meter data exceptions.
- Edits and estimates complex data, when appropriate, using interpretation of previous load profiles and history
- Performs calculations and totalizations used for complex billing.
- Identifies areas for process improvement and participates in/provides assistance with benchmarking activities.
- Assists Meter Service Field and/or Mobile Meter Reading organizations with functions associated with data collection processes.
- Interprets energy concepts, i.e., demand usage, off peak, peak, load, KE Factor in order to disposition, edit and estimate data.
- Performs steps to track a variety of operational activities related to field and staff responsibilities.
- Maintains a technical working knowledge of meter types used at Eversource.
- Establishes and maintains key contacts across the organization facilitating organizational efficiency.
Participates in Storm Restoration activities as assigned.
- Knowledge of metering concepts, operating procedures, meter- to-bill exception processing, and associated metering systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PCs, computer applications and spreadsheet use.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and possess strong communication & problem solving skills.
- Must display initiative, and an ability to work independently and deliver accurate and timely results.
Education: High School diploma or the equivalent is required.
Experience : A minimum of four (4) years of experience required
Licenses & Certifications: N/A
- Working Conditions:
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing, walking, and using computers and telephones.
- Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Work includes calculating, comparing, documenting, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results. Must be able to work independently and collaboratively within the organization and be able to recognize and work with sensitive and confidential information.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Will be required to travel to different work locations throughout Eversource territory, including field and customer locations.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs