Eversource Energy Manager, Project Management - Gas Operations in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Individual will manage a team of project managers focusing on high risk, large, complex gas projects in Connecticut & Massachusetts in a multi-external stakeholder environment to ensure all phases of approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, on schedule, and within budget; and will work closely with management personnel in Gas Operations, Engineering Finance, Regulatory Relations, Legal, and Purchasing. Manager will lead and support a team that is assigned projects of complex design, GSEP & ARP mandated work, are multi-disciplined in nature, with multiple external stakeholders. In addition, projects are sensitive and have elevated financial exposure requiring direct communications with senior management. Manager will represent Eversource as the expert witness for state, community and other regulatory evidentiary proceedings, be part of the management team and is expected to utilize proven leadership skills to manage team member’s performance and develop the individuals through developmental behavior interaction techniques. Primary duties will include overall responsibility for the management of all aspects of projects including the coordination of regulatory approvals and interface with regulators and local elected officials and town department managers; managing the development and process for evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design and construction, as well as for the procurement of material and support systems; and insuring that all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
- Individual is assigned high risk, large, complex projects requiring close stakeholder interaction such as major complex gas main installations or expansion projects, intricate gas agreements, projects of high financial risk, or assigned to manage a specific portion of a major project to support the Director of Project Management..
- Acts as subject matter experts for Project Management policies and procedures.
- Provide written and oral presentation to senior management, local and state governmental agencies and outside organizations.
- Provides expert witness testimony for assigned projects at state, local and other regulatory preceding
- Takes the lead representing Eversource at municipal meetings, homeowner meetings, or other interested party meetings.
- Provides guidance and advice to less experienced personnel and continually develops others in the organization to produce a more productive work force
- Manages performance of team members by identifying expectations, performance standards, and the use of timely feedback.
- Develops strategies and quarterly milestones to accomplish the annual capital work plan for Gas Operations and conducts the monthly program and project reviews for the capital work plans.
- Develops Project Managers and implements Project Management processes within the Gas organization.
- Through knowledge of Project Management principles and practices
· Demonstrated, through experience, very high standards of professional and project management competence.
· Proven leadership, teambuilding, coaching, problem solving, interpersonal and motivational skills required.
· Demonstrated ability to schedule, plan and manage numerous complex projects concurrently.
· Ability to professionally represent Eversource at municipal meetings providing project overviews and answering questions
· Ability to provide expert witness testimony at state, local and other regulatory proceedings.
· Possesses highly developed communication skills, i.e., the ability to listen, write clearly and concisely, make presentations before senior management and external stakeholders, ability to discuss ideas and be persuasive, and able to work effectively with all levels within Eversource, government agencies and outside organizations.
· Ability to grasp concepts, analyze project information, determine facts, be sensitive to underlying issues, and make well thought out recommendations/decisions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret information and be sensitive to Corporate and Gas Business’ strategic plans in formulating project decisions.
· Ability to assess team member’s abilities and motivational levels and adapt to appropriate leadership styles to produce optimal performance.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferred); Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or the equivalent degree will be considered. Master’s Degree is preferred.
Experience: Ten (10) years of related experience, with at least five (5) years of Project Management experience
Licenses & Certifications: Project Management Masters Certificate or Project Management Professional Certification, strongly preferred.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA & CT as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs