Eversource Energy Manager, Field Training & Apprenticeship in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the on-the-job training and apprenticeship program for field operations line-worker employees. Works with Operations managers and supervisors to ensure new and progressing craft employees are assigned to work and projects that will reinforce their classroom training, as well as strengthen and broaden their knowledge and skills regarding work methods, tools and safety practices. Oversees development of processes that ensure the work performed by craft employees is monitored, supported and assessed and that continual feedback is provided. Partners with other training managers and Operations managers to coordinate the implementation of learning and development activities to support, progression, new tools and equipment, and compliance training and record keeping needs. This position is also responsible for the management and professional development of the assigned training professionals.
Ensures the implementation of on-the-job training programs and schedules that mutually support the education and training of craft employees.
- Ensures craft and compliance field training is consistent with, and support, work standards and procedures, the proper use of tools, materials and equipment and other work practices for new and progressing Line-worker employees in Electric Operations.
- Collaborates with training supervisors and Operations managers on the creation of training performance assessment tools and materials and apprenticeship programs that will be used by trainers in the field to evaluate employee performance in all crafts.
- Partners with Operations managers to create a work plan (and budget) that aligns with classroom training and fosters the application of skills and knowledge to progressing employees overhead and underground linework.
- Implements criteria and evaluation tools necessary to accurately assess and measure the work performed and progress made by craft employees in various stages of their apprenticeship.
- Ensures development of processes to address observed and documented gaps between craft employee performance and Company policies and procedures. Defines the necessity for, and means by which, immediate and continual feedback regarding job performance is delivered.
- Documents and summarizes performance results that are used to evaluate craft employee proficiency levels and adherence to work standards and safety procedures.
- Ensures assessments are used for developing written progress reports and on-the-job training summaries for the purpose of providing written feedback and creation of development plans.
- Partners with training supervisors and Operations managers to ensure technical training programs are designed to close performance gaps and are connected to measurable performance improvements.
- Oversees the management and development of Technical Training staff. Assesses the need for, and oversees implementation of, programs to ensure employees possess technical and behavioral skills required to support operating plans. Manages, selects, coaches and develops Technical Training staff.
Communicates key corporate messages and performance measures to assigned staff.
Creates and manages field training apprenticeship program budget.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires an understanding of the electric transmission and distribution network equipment and work practices and procedures. Requires knowledge of adult learning principles and evaluation and assessment techniques. Requires written and oral communications skills. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, related discipline or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred
Experience : Minimum of eight (8) years managing employee training activities and working in an operations setting. Demonstrated experience in working and communicating across functional boundaries, interacting with a union workforce and process improvement.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs