Eversource Energy Lead Engineer – Substation Equipment Engineering in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position has the responsibility for optimizing the cost and performance of substation equipment on the transmission/distribution system. This position is responsible for new equipment acceptance testing and commission including the development and/or revision of processes and procedures. This position is also involved with the strategic development, expansion, planning, design, maintenance and operation of the system and its equipment to meet the mission and objectives of the organization. In addition, this position coordinates the evaluation of equipment failures, and the appropriate resolutions, in order to provide support to operations on unplanned maintenance. Responsible for supervising, assigning, prioritizing and directing the work performed by other Engineers.
- Manages, coaches, develops and reviews performance of engineers and other staff.
- Responsible for the cost and performance of certain assets on the system including reliability analysis and trending of system events and monitoring of equipment condition.
- Responsible for the development of equipment commissioning plans for all major substation equipment types.
- Responsible for commissioning and placing into service major substation equipment during project implementation.
- Responsible for the development and management of a preventive maintenance optimization program.
- Assists with the development of infrastructure strategy, operating philosophy and technical basis for asset renewal decisions.
- Collaborates with other Engineers within Engineering to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Provides technical support and direction to operating areas relative to system priorities, engineering guidelines and operating decisions during normal and emergency situations.
- Accountable for root-cause analysis, development and implementation of corrective actions.
- Collaborates with Assets & Strategy for the evaluation and selection of technology and equipment for the system.
- Responsible for the development of standards and procedures for design, operation and maintenance.
- Assumes the role of Project Manager, as required.
- Knowledge of electrical systems and components; mechanical systems and components; or civil, structural, and architectural structures and components.
- Knowledge of electrical design and drafting standards and procedures
- Knowledge of all applicable industry codes and standards.
- Capability to effectively communicate ideas and direction, both written and orally.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required (Electrical Engineering preferred).
Experiences: A minimum of ten (10) years of related experience including applicable supervisory experience is required. (Experience in Energy Delivery desired).
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor