Eversource Energy IT Portfolio Manager in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
- Participate in discussions and activities regarding IT project funding, resourcing and prioritization while advocating for the business as it relates to programs and projects
- Serve as the IT point of contact and the primary interface on all initiatives in the business area project portfolio and with supporting IT departments.
- Preparation, socialization, finalization of portfolio timelines and plans working with stakeholders in the organization.
- Ensure integration across related projects in the portfolio through collaboration with peers, stakeholders, resource managers and leadership.
- Identify and manage cross-project and portfolio risks and issues through the development and execution of alternatives and mitigation strategies.
- Influence and coordinate resource reallocations to assure portfolio success.
- Develop and implement alternatives and/or solutions to mitigate problems, issues, conflicts, etc.
- Direct and coach project managers to ensure on time completion and project goals.
- Advocate and support the policies, processes and practices of the Program Management Office (PMO).
- Monitor, communicate, and positively influence project portfolio schedules, budgets, variance and metrics.
- Ability to communicate and present to all levels including Executive Management.
Expected to oversee and sometimes act in the role of project manager which includes the following:
Coordinate preparation of statements of work and specifications, estimation of product / service costs and pricing, and negotiation and administration of contracts.
- Develop and oversee procedures for changing scope and customer acceptance throughout the project.
- Develop and communicate plans to deliver major IT initiatives to the IT and business communities; devise the summary and detailed project plans including tasks and interdependencies, milestones, people required including skill levels, and other resource and support requirements.
- Develop the project managerial approach, including roles of any subordinate project managers, training needs for the project team, administrative reporting structure of the project, organization of the project team, involvement of customers and other stakeholders, and the nature of the arbitration process to resolve disputes.
- Outline the responsibilities of different principals / parties including customers, customer and IT management, team members, IT support groups, vendors, consultants, and affected or impacted groups.
- Negotiate IT’s interests and manage external vendor, contractor and material contracts.
- Monitor project budget and resource levels and advise principals as to developing trends and prepare periodic variance projections.
- Ensure that all training and transition management activities are in place for the transition to operational support both Business and IT, including coordinating process redesign, new procedures and acceptance of new technologies and/or capabilities into daily use.
- Exhibits an exceptional degree of leadership, ingenuity, creativity and/or resourcefulness. Applies extensive organizational and/or project management expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. May be viewed as expert within a given field.
- Baccalaureate degree or the equivalent
- 10+ years of senior level IT Project Management experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of Portfolio Management experience desired
- Electric and Gas Utility experience required
Licenses & Certifications :
- Certification - Must possess a Project Manager certification (as prescribed by the Program Management office).
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs