Eversource Energy GIS Field Technician II in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. We’re proud to provide safe, reliable service to 4.3 million electricity, natural gas and water customers. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
An intermediate-level position responsible for GIS data maintenance tasks including scanning, geo-referencing, digitizing, attribution and comprehensive field audit. Works in GIS/CAD and database applications which model utility distribution systems. Requires understanding of functional business processes as they relate to design, construction and operations and working understanding of data attributes that support these business processes. Performs and manages QA/QC processes.
ACCOUNTABILITIES - PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Update and maintain land base, distribution facilities in company's Geographic Database and ensure data integrity.
- Interpret and implement data from as-built, job construction sketches and or subdivision plats into standard company symbology utilizing Smallworld, CAD, and Mobile GIS.
- Coordinate with various departments to resolve field changes and /or field-to-map discrepancies.
- Validate topology of land, distribution, parent/child associations, connectivity, snapping, missing features or objects, missing attributes required for the proper functioning of tracing functionality
- Analyze and interpret spatial data including but not limited to ortho-aerial imagery to ensure data integrity.
- Conduct field audit and Mobile GIS data collection to validate as built distribution configuration
- Perform Quality Control and Quality Assurance on all data entered into GIS Database for data integrity.
- Provides technical guidance and direction to less experienced technicians
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent with a combination of education and or experience to equal a minimum of an Associates in GIS, Surveying, Cartography or related field
- Experience: Two (2) to Five (5) years of utility distribution experience in the GIS and CAD fields
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency working in various GIS/CAD software applications such as Smallworld, AutoCad/Microstation.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer relations skills
- Ability to address multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to handle changing and emerging priorities
- Knowledge of utility distribution systems
- Ability to read and interpret Road/Development site plans, as well as mapping coordinates and symbols
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to quantify data, and make sound decisions
- The ability to organize, plan and work efficiently within a highly technical environment
CORE AND FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a member of a team to move toward the completion of goals.
- Living the Values: Acting in a way that demonstrates a commitment to and an expectation that others will adhere to both the letter and the spirit of NU’s Core Values.
- Takes Accountability and Ownership: Effectively managing one’s own time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification. The job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of accountabilities, technical skills, or key competencies.
Applicants must successfully pass the TECH Test. Qualified candidates must submit a resume with their application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs