Eversource Energy Engineering Designer - Substation in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. We’re proud to provide safe, reliable
service to 4.3 million electricity, natural gas and water customers. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
- Develops detailed designs using conventional or computer-aided techniques for incorporation on engineering drawings. (Refer to design application areas included in this description.
- Develops detailed design criteria and final design packages for projects through discussions and meetings with appropriate engineering, construction and operating personnel, other design disciplines, and appropriate outside vendors.
- Prepares conceptual designs and sketches based on field investigations, project instructions, and engineering criteria supplied by project/discipline engineers.
- Performs field surveys during the design process to verify by visual observation and measurement, the adequacy of the design as it relates to proper fit in field.
- Provides guidance, training, and direction to design drafters in the development of finished drawings.
- Performs technical calculations substantiating designs.
- Prepares, approves, and maintains bills of materials and other supporting documents associated with the design drawing development.
- Provides design services to process, review, and approve design changes to accommodate field-related problems.
- Checks and approves design drawings, calculations, specifications, bills of materials, standards, and work of others for accuracy, completion, and adherence to specified design criteria and procedures.
- Verifies and/or directs the verification of the "as-built" condition of design documents using design personnel or labor supplied by outside contractors.
- Develops and/or assists in the development of standards in accordance with industry and regulatory standards.
- Provides technical liaison with Eversource personnel in the development, processing, and incorporation of plant or field originated design changes.
- Reviews and approves vendor drawings associated with design assignments and provides for control and distribution of the same.
- Provides design input to the technical portions of specifications prepared by Engineering for construction and vendor contracts.
- Assists in evaluating bids and requests for additional equipment, materials, or services in connection with construction and vendor contracts.
- Provides design and drafting services to Engineering and Operations upon request to aid them in the preparation of federal, state, and local license submittals and other special assignments.
- Provides a processing service for the controlled distribution of project drawings, bills of materials, microfilm and facility design records.
- Storm duty as assigned.
- Working knowledge of electrical systems and components; mechanical systems and components; or civil, structural, and architectural structures and components.
- Proven drafting skills (AutoCad 18) necessary to develop a quality drafting product.
- Ability to apply department design/drafting standards and procedures.
- Working knowledge of all applicable industry codes and standards.
- Working knowledge of construction and shop fabrication practices.
- Ability to learn and apply computer-aided techniques for design development and drawing generation.
- Capability to effectively communicate ideas and direction, both written and orally.
- Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge of the appropriate disciplines’ technology, technical mathematics, and basic sciences.
Education: Associate's Degree in Engineering, or the equivalent.
Experiences: Two to four years of directly related experience is required.
Please attach a resume when completing your online application, candidate must pass theEEI testing (TECH test) and successful completion of a technical and behavioral interview.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs