Eversource Energy Engineer (Field Communications) in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The Engineer in Field Communications carries out assignments requiring engineering level expertise and experience associated with the installation, maintenance and repair of various field communication systems. Investigates new hardware, firmware and software operating systems and performs defective equipment testing. Identifies common or generic problems with equipment and institutes or recommends appropriate corrective action. Provides work direction to various company employees and external personnel. Acts as a liaison with engineering, design and construction functions on matters of system configuration and maintainability.
- Individual will be involved with the installation and maintenance of field communication equipment within substations.
- Individual will coordinate distribution substation automation work including human machine interface (HMI) design and implementation, RTU configuration, data concentrator configuration, frame relay setup and configuration, and other automation equipment associated with substations.
- Individual will also initiate integrating new automation equipment onto the distribution system by identifying opportunities and technologies to solve ongoing problems. The ability to logically troubleshoot technical problems is also required.
- Individual must have strong computer skills and the ability to operate a variety of computer software programs related to RTU configuration, communications equipment and other related automation equipment; demonstrate teamwork, strong communication skills and be self-motivated; and ensure that all required work is performed safely, on schedule, cost effectively and in accordance with company standards.
- Duties will include but are not limited to: performing technical review of automation equipment designs for substations under construction or modification for distribution substations; assists in the scheduling of field personnel and their activities for various distribution automation projects; arrangements for staffing, materials and equipment with other qroups such as Maintenance, System Operations Center, vendors and contractors according to prescribed schedules and methods; direct and demonstrate efforts to achieve world-class excellence regarding safe work practices and safety performance; and assures compliance with APM, OSHA and all company procedures.
- Individual will serve on-call and during emergency restoration efforts as required.
- Ability to analyze information, determine relevant facts, and make decisions.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with counter-parts in outside organizations.
- Ability to understand and resolve engineering, business, and other technical issues.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with minimal guidance.
Education: Bachelor’sdegree in Engineering (Electrical preferred).
Experience : At least five years of related experience required.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor