Eversource Energy Electric Services Support Center Technician C in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
THIS POSITION IS ALSO BEING POSTED AT THE ESSC TECHNICIAN B LEVEL (R-010247 and R-010349); HOWEVER ONLY TWO WILL ULTIMATELY BE FILLED.
Role and Scope of Position:
This position works as part of theElectric Service Support Centerteam responsible for the high volume of incoming calls and correspondence from its customers; with quality, timeliness, and efficiency.
Customer requests may include but are not limited to new installs, upgrades, and removal of electric service; for both residential and commercial customers.
Individual will receive and process incoming customer requests for service over the telephone, web, email, and facsimile, and will ensure all work requests are in usable form; i.e., complete customer information, contractor information, work request primary point(s) of contact, and description of work).
Individual will be team oriented and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
Interpreting and implementing numerous policies and procedures and providing superior customer service is a must to meet the job requirements.
- Individual will be responsible for obtaining information relevant to the design and construction of the service request and responding to questions from the customer; including but not limited to technical requirements for electric service connections, schedule dates, inspection requirements, and licensing and easement requirements.
- Individual will serve as the primary point of contact and advocate for the customer, contractor, and/or municipal official(s).
- Individual will be responsible for providing applicable upfront cost estimates.
- Individual will be responsible for processing electrical inspections, prepayments, and contributions in aid of construction from its customers.
- Individual will be responsible for certain non-design job types; from customer initiation to completion.
- Individual will continuously interact with Eversource employees across the organization; including but not limited to Engineering, Electric Operations, Customer Billing Services, and Remittance Services.
- Individual will support Engineering, Electric Operations and other areas as necessary with updating work requests with field notes, customer appointments, and work request progress.
- Individual will have an emergency storm assignment.
Associate’s degree in electrical technology or the equivalent in combined education and experience plus four years of related electric distribution experience is required for the “A” level.
Associate’s degree in electrical technology or the equivalent in combined education and experience plus two years of related electric distribution experience is required for the “B” level.
High School diploma plus four years of related electric distribution experience, or an Associate’s degree in electrical technology or the equivalent is required for the “C” level.
Ability to perform a variety of tasks requiring initiative, sound judgment, organization, and prioritization is required.
Computer experience including Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
Knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code is preferred.
Utility and/or electrical experience is preferred.
Electrical License; Journeyman or Master Electrician is desired.
Storms Work Management System (including i-Scheduler) experience is desired.
C2 experience is desired.
Applicants will be required to successfully pass the Technician aptitude test.
Individual must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and decision making, to resolve internal and external customer inquiries and concerns related to electric service requests.
Individual will be seated, on the telephone, wearing a headset, and using a computer and keyboard for the majority of the work day.
Please submit a resume when completing your one line application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs