Eversource Energy Construction Manager, Off Shore Wind, Transmission in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Manage all construction contractor activities for the Off Shore Wind portfolio of projects in Long Island, NY, RI and NE as required. The position is accountable for providing safe, reliable and cost-effective contractor services in support of substation, UG Transmission line and associated civil construction. Required to manage construction supervisors and/or construction representatives (internal and contractor). Must coordinate interactions with internal support groups such as contract administration and Project Management. This position ensures the portfolio of projects is completed within established schedules, budgets, as well as adherence to all safety, system, construction, industrial standards and specifications.
Construction locations are on Long Island
- Oversees contractor field construction activities for Off Shore Wind transmission facilities in accordance with approved project documents, established engineering practices, Federal, State and local laws, and construction industry standards to achieve world-class field construction performance. Ensures contractor compliance with Eversource standards and procedures.
- Achieves efficient and effective operations utilizing contractors for construction and restoration projects.
- Works with Project Management, Procurement and Engineering in contract development and technical review of bids. Reviews project design and construction documents to ensure constructability and schedule adherence. Responsible for construction planning, site walk downs, constructability review, and project meetings
- Conducts on site construction management briefings and prepares reports reflecting project status, schedule and project uncertainties.
Responsible to keep Director of Project Management and the Project Controls Manager appraised of any deviations in construction safety compliance, environmental compliance, schedule, design, materials, budget, and commissioning plans. Make recommendations to mitigate situations that arise. Responsible to provide project reconciliations and close out activities upon completion of projects.
Guide, develop and motivate Construction Representatives. Monitors performance, evaluates work and completes performance reviews. Coordinate, schedule, and provide supervision to Construction Representatives team.
- Develops detailed scopes of work to provide to contractors to ensure that they deliver high quality, cost effective projects. Monitor the performance of contractors in the field to ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures working relationships and professional communications are developed with appropriate town officials, key stakeholders and contractor crews. Responsible to assure customer inquiries and complaints are addressed and resolved.
- Responsible for development or review of commissioning plans, outage requests, and may hold electrical system clearances and take switching orders to support construction projects.
Requires extensive knowledge of transmission facilities construction and work management. Must be well versed in issues and activities within the electric utility industry.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, related discipline or equivalent experience. MS in Engineering or MBA preferred.
Minimum of ten (10) years management or supervising groups in transmission/distribution or related activities. Demonstrated experience in working with contractors.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs