Eversource Energy Associate Project Manager - Transmission in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Assists in managing transmission projects in Connecticut, Massachusetts or New Hampshire to ensure all phases of approved projects are completed efficiently and within scope, on schedule, and within budget. Works closely with personnel throughout the Eversource Company to engineer, design, site, permit and construct assigned projects. This position also assists project managers with securing approval for permits and licenses, budgets materials, contractors and other resources. Primary duties include overall responsibility for the management of all aspects of assigned projects including managing the development and process for evaluation of bid documents for engineering, design and construction, as well as for the procurement of material and equipment; and ensuring all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
- Assists in managing medium to large scale projects in Connecticut, Massachusetts or New Hampshire
- Manages smaller scale projects of nominal complexity or assists in supporting specific project management responsibilities of a medium to large complex project.
When assigned projects:
Manages all phases of projects (planning, executing, controlling and close out using stand templates and project management processes.
Secures approval for permits and licenses, budgets, materials, contractors and other resources for assigned projects
Using standard formats, monitors and reports out on project management metrics concerning quality technical specifications, reliability, schedule and budget.
Plans work to ensure optimal integration and coordination of both internal and external resources and the timely delivery of material and equipment.
Determines project assignments, timetables and responsibilities of project team members.
Maintains and monitors project progress via reporting of schedule milestones, and changes, cost and resource adjustments.
Provides clear concise and comprehensive project status reports, and ensures that all aspects of the project are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
When assigned segments or task of a medium to large project:
Manages assigned segments or task of a medium to large project as directed by the Project Manager/Project Director
Communicates and provides clear, concise and comprehensive status reports on assigned tasks or project segments to the Project Manager as required.
- Requires preliminary knowledge in the theoretical and practical application of project management technique and tools including project management software.
- Requires preliminary knowledge of design and construction of electric transmission and distribution facilities and equipment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferred); Business, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Zero to three years of experience
- Preferred one (1) year in electric utility construction or project management experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s License required
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area.
- Limited travel will be required between office, project sites, and stakeholder locations.
- Work will require visiting field construction sites including high voltage substations and utility Rights-of-Way.
- Attends to problems in off-hours and for extended periods, if necessary.
Mental Aspects :
- Work involves calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
- Demonstrates self-assurance in one’s ideas, judgments and capabilities and takes clear timely action as required.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs