Eversource Energy Associate Internal Auditor in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)The Associate Internal Auditor assists with audit functions. Types of internal audits performed include financial, operational, IT (application, systems development, and technical), consulting, and/or investigative.
- Assists with audits by following The Institute of Internal Auditors "Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing," the Internal Audit Department Charter, and the Internal Audit Department Manual as follows:
- Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and reviews Company systems established to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations which could have a significant impact on operations and reports and determine whether the organization is in compliance.
- Assists with developing and/or executing audit programs (containing detailed tests to satisfy audit objectives), designing specialized audit tests (i.e., sampling methods, computerized tests), and develops project schedules to meet defined objectives.
- Prepares the audit findings and audit report and communicates audit results to auditees, Internal Audit department and management.
- Follows approved audit plans and reporting of audit status to Internal Audit management.
- Maintains an appropriate degree of objectivity in conducting audits.
- Protects the confidentiality of persons and information as appropriate in the conduct of audits.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and industry-related legislation
- Models standards of excellence including the values of Eversource
- Internal control systems and auditing/consulting concepts, techniques and principles
- General knowledge of the laws and regulations and industry standards affecting Eversource
- Ability to tactically and objectively evaluate and implement audit programs and initiatives
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Ability to think and act in a fast-paced environment with frequently shifting and/or conflicting priorities
- Diplomatic interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Spoken and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work confidentially, with integrity and to maintain high ethics
- Demonstrated skill with MS Office Applications (especially Word and Excel)
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. A business degree is preferred. Other non-business degrees may be considered in order to provide the Internal Audit activity with a mix of perspectives. Possession of or work towards a CPA and/or CIA designation is strongly preferred as is an MBA or advanced degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant auditing and/or accounting experience is required. Experience that includes a combination of internal auditing for an accounting firm and within private industry preferred. A highly credible individual with unquestionable ethics and integrity required.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs