Eversource Energy Associate Analyst (Transmission Rates and Revenue Requirements) in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The Transmission Rates and Revenue Requirements department is responsible for all transmission tariff rate and regulatory activity for Eversource operating companies. The selected candidate will serve as an essential member of the team and have responsibilities associated with the following:
- Preparation of FERC approved transmission tariff rates and revenue requirements, associated regulatory compliance, cost allocation calculations and financial analyses.
- Support and preparation of State and Federal regulatory filings which includes preparing transmission cost statements, evaluating other transmission tariff filings at FERC and producing post-filing requirements.
- Assist in preparing, coordinating and filing transmission rate information, distribution rate impacts and data responses associated with the State and Federal regulatory process.
- Independent research on various transmission strategic initiatives and FERC Orders.
- Assist in the development of new revenue requirement calculations for transmission tariffs/contracts and associated cost allocation methodologies.
- Calculate transmission tariff revenues and related distribution expenses for the annual budget and five-year financial forecast, including variance analyses and impacts to distribution retail rates.
A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or closely related discipline is required. Zero to five years of related experience is required for the Associate Analyst position. The selected candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills, contribute to a collaborative and positive work atmosphere and be able to work successfully as part of a team. A CPA (or CPA qualified) is desirable.
The selected candidate must have the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and possess a high degree of initiative and ownership and work effectively in a fast paced environment. The ability to draw sound conclusions, act decisively and have the willingness to work with a sense of urgency to drive business results is required. Applicants should have the ability to apply a broad knowledge of accounting and financial theory to a utility ratemaking environment. The selected individual must also be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor