Eversource Energy Accountant in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Performs a variety of administrative assignments associated with various accounting-related activities for the Eversource System.
- Analyzes accounting data
- Prepares, reviews and processes billings, invoices, payments and refunds
- Works closely with a wide-variety of internal and external customers including vendors
- Initiates purchase order revisions as necessary
- Maintains accounting records
- Researches accounting information
- Participates in preparation of materials for various System-wide reporting requirements
- Functional accounting, purchasing and/or payroll practices and procedures
- Computerized accounting, purchasing and/or payroll systems
- Cost accounting (in some Application areas)
- Accounting for fixed assets (in some Application areas)
- MS Office applications (specifically Word and Excel)
- Solid interpersonal skills including a professional demeanor
- Spoken and written communications
- Demonstrates initiative and personal ownership
- Emerging ability to recognize problems and discrepancies in area-specific accounting information
- Associate degree in Accounting or a closely-related business discipline or the equivalent education/experience required.
- Four plus years of experience required
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects : Leadership Behaviors/Competencies:
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs