Eversource Energy Accountant, Staff in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 4 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Under some supervision, the Staff Accountant is responsible for the preparation of financial data for Eversource. Provide financial support to Eversource. Responsible for the preparation of month-end, and year-end matters, compliance and other financial responsibilities.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Eversource accounting function.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial closing processes.
- Prepares the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Performs accounting control activities including account reconciliations, journal entries and close-out reviews for workorders supporting the Transmission business.
- Plans, coordinates and performs assignments associated with the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial management reports including reports and presentations to Senior Management.
- Prepares journal entries for accounts, reviews and reconciles general ledger accounts, analyzes variances.
- Investigates and resolves outstanding items.
- Maintains the integrity of accounting information in the system and makes adjustments as needed.
- Prepares and analyzes financial projections.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner.
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting theory
- Strong knowledge of functional accounting practices and procedures
- Good analytical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Quantitative and qualitative analyses skills
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Strong functional understanding of computerized accounting programs
- Demonstrated skill with MS Office applications (Specifically Word and Excel)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related accounting experience preferably in a corporate and/or public accounting environment
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs