Southern Company Site Project Lead (Plant Hatch) in Baxley, Georgia
Site Project Lead (Plant Hatch)
PROJECT LEAD – Plant Hatch
Summary of Position Duties
This position is assigned to the Maintenance Department and reports to the Maintenance Projects Supervisor. This position will be filled at a Level 6-7, depending on individual qualifications. This position provides oversight, support, and leadership of projects at the site. Duties required of the Project Lead include:
• Assist in developing implementation scope, schedule, and budget during project planning.
• Provide constructability input, assumptions, and risks associated with each alternative considered. Support field walkdowns to evaluate proposed layouts for constructability and interferences.
• Provide technical and craft oversight for assigned projects.
• Manage installation/implementation at the site to ensure compliance with the design intent, applicable codes and other regulatory considerations and coordinate resolution of technical issues that arise. This includes review of implementation documents (work orders, functional tests, tagouts, etc.)
• Ensure affected plant groups’ (operations, maintenance, engineering, etc.) needs are considered in the project scope.
• Provide estimating input as needed
• Ensure safe and error free performance during project implementation.
• Accountable for meeting the approved project schedule.
• Interface with Work Management on project implementation schedules and participate in T week meetings, Risk Challenges, etc.
• Accountable for project implementation budget and cash flow.
• Maintain scope control
• Lead effort for closeout of design changes and assist project managers with overall project closeout
• Obtain and manage resources required for testing/startup support
• Effectively communicate with management, stakeholders, craft, and project team.
• Possess leadership skills to ensure plant requests are timely addressed.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with plant and corporate personnel.
• This position will require travel (up to 25%).
• 4 years of nuclear plant experience required
• Previous experience in nuclear plant project management, design, operation, system outage execution owner, or supervision required.
• Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited college or university is preferred.
• Proven demonstration of skill in verbal and written communications.
• Experience as a task director preferred.
• Demonstrates high standards, sets clear expectations and coaches employees/contractors to achieve higher levels of performance.
• Model and enforce Nuclear Safety, Industrial Safety, and Human Performance behaviors.
• Holds themselves accountable for Safety First, Superior Performance, Total Commitment and Unquestionable Trust.
• Manage and provide oversight over financial performance for implementation.
• Work through conflicts to create win-win situations.
• Build a strong team that achieves results.
• Respect the dignity of every individual and his or her different view.
• Assume personal responsibility for individual and project/group success.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America’s premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Engineering
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Central Georgia-Baxley
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Other Locations: Georgia-Central Georgia-Baxley
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Plant Hatch - 11028 Hatch Parkway, North (11028BAXLEY)
11028 Hatch Parkway, North
Req ID: SNC2005764
- Southern Company Jobs