Exelon Sr Market Analyst in BALTIMORE, Maryland
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build, and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Senior Market Analyst will assess and explain short term (current to five years) energy market conditions in the U.S., and some cases international markets. The objective is to provide timely and accurate market information to key stakeholders in Constellation to support value add trading decisions, wholesale and retail transactional opportunities, and asset valuations. Key stakeholders include senior management, traders, originators, nuclear and power organizations, and various support groups.
RIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Be a subject matter expert on specific regional energy market conditions as well as macro trends in the industry (e.g. fuel supply and demand fundamentals, fuel infrastructure, load forecasting etc.) to support various commercial transactional activities (both strategic and tactical)
· Develop short term price views (1 to 5 years) of various fuels markets
· Communicate findings to traders, senior management and other key stakeholders effectively and through various approaches (e.g. meetings, presentations, white papers, etc.)
· Develop new or improve analytical capabilities (gas storage, power demand, gas pipeline infrastructure, etc.) of the team through more rigorous statistical analysis and/or modeling techniques
· Focus on standardization and repeatability of processes to ensure on-going support
· Respond to ad-hoc analytical requests in a timely manner
· At least 3-5 years of experience evaluating energy market conditions, including exposure to economic modeling
· Self-motivated and able to work individually with little supervision and as part of a larger group
· Comfortable working with abstract concepts with limited guidance
· Outstanding analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities
· Experience effectively communicating views both verbally and in writing
· Master’s degree or higher is preferred
· Programming skills in VBA and Python
Job Portfolio Management
Organization: Generation Constellation - Wholesale
Title: Sr Market Analyst
Requisition ID: 215173