Exelon Scheduler in BALTIMORE, Maryland
The Scheduler is accountable for accurately scheduling and nominating all physical transactions completed by the Fuels Traders in a timely manner consistent with pipeline and downstream utility deadlines. The Scheduler will obtain an accurate forecast thereby allowing the management of transportation, storage and balancing contracts to a high level, as well as becoming a viable backup for other schedulers within the Fuels group. Schedulers are expected to maintain relationships with key counterparties and participate in key trade associations to gain market intelligence and facilitate commercial activity. The Scheduler is expected to have an understanding of internal stakeholders (trading, volume management, accounting, settlements, etc.) and can effectively support reconciliation efforts during bidweek, intra-month, and volumetric tie out during accounting close.
· Accurately schedule/nominate receipt and delivery of physical commodity based on any Fuel Traders’ transactions.
· Independently handles fuels scheduling functions, ensuring accurate and timely nomination of gas supplies and delivery schedules for all fuels. Participates in training other schedulers.
· Proactive communication and reconciliation of positions during bidweek and intra-month in conjunction with trading, volume management, and external counterparties.
· Participates in developing and maintaining up-to-date fuel delivery contingency plans to be used during supply/transportation disruptions from adverse weather or peak network demands.
· Manages seasonal/monthly/daily forecast and storage levels to ensure minimal storage fluctuations thereby minimizing all associated costs.
· Reconciles commodity invoices for demand, transportation, storage and usage components
· Manages transportation, balancing and storage contracts utilizing knowledge of applicable tariffs and rates for assigned utilities and pipelines.
· Interact effectively with other members of Constellation to develop broader regional and portfolio management strategies and coordinate execution of transactions.
· Develops and maintains relationships with key suppliers, service providers, and internal customers.
· Interacts effectively with internal departments to insure transaction compliance.
· Undergraduate degree in economics, finance, engineering, business administration or equivalent experience
· Strong analytical orientation
· 1-3 years prior scheduling experience in one or more energy commodity, e.g. coal, oil, natural gas, electricity.
· Ability to perform in a changing environment under stressful conditions
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal
· Strong computer skills, including knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Products
· Post graduate degree in Business or Economics- / preferred /
· Prior Scheduling experience for both retail and wholesale transactions- / preferred /
· 3-5 Years prior scheduling experience in one or more energy commodity, e.g. coal, oil natural gas, electricity- / preferred /
Job Wholesale Energy
Organization: Generation Constellation - Wholesale
Requisition ID: 213440