Exelon Business Dev Specialist in BALTIMORE, Maryland
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and Omaha.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy.
Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service.
Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Associations Analyst is an integral part of the Associations and several Regional Sales Teams . The role reports to the Executive Director of Associations and is responsible for providing operations, sales and analytical support to a Constellation Association Manager and certain Business Development Managers selling various Constellation energy products and services to Associations. This role is a primary liaison and point of contact for all regional association sales related activities pertaining to the sales cycle surrounding other functional groups such as Transaction Management, Data Management, Credit, Contracts, Operations, and Accounting for all products and services offered through the association relationships. Additional responsibilities may include pipeline and reporting development, as well as communicating at a high level with customers and association partners.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Work closely with Senior Association Manager(s) and respective partner associations (AOBA, BOMA Cleveland, Houston BOMA, etc.) to retain, strengthen and grow participant relationships and the overall portfolio
· Provide internal support necessary for Association Manager, Business Development Mangers and to successfully present and close energy sales transactions in a highly proficient and professional manner. Interface with Transaction and Data Management, Pricing, Legal, Operations, Tax, Credit and UDC Supplier Support as necessary to assist the team with customer proposals
· Manage the processing and assignment of sales leads to appropriate BDMs including subsequent tracking and metrics
· Work with Association Manager(s) to prepare timely monthly forecasts
· Access and gather data from multiple systems and source to provide ongoing and ad hoc customer deliverables (i.e., daily, weekly and monthly reports, budget tool reports, etc.)
· Maintain high level knowledge of power Siebel, REPS, gas Siebel, etc. keeping pace with changes as they occur
· Communicate effectively with the Association Manager, Business Development Managers, channel partner and directly with customers to understand the customers’ business needs and work with internal resources to craft successful solutions
· Renewal accountability to include, but not limited to, monitoring contract end dates and ensuring contract in place in accordance with utility enrollment timelines
· Pro-active review of internal reporting such as deal tagging, unbilled, early terminations, etc.
· Maintain knowledge of market specifics, UDC rules, products, processes, internal functional teams, etc.
· Attend regional meetings as appropriate
· Meet or exceed internal benchmarks such as customer satisfaction ratings, issue resolution ratings, customer on-boarding ratings, etc.
· Special projects as needed
· Bachelors degree in a business, liberal arts or technical field (Finance, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or related discipline) and/or equivalent experience
· Proficient knowledge of sales, operations and related business practices
· Highly proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, and the Internet; has modeling skills
· Ability to self-prioritize and meet deadlines
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills to function in a team environment and to maintain rapport with employees and customers
· Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, problem-solving, and independent decision-making
· Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with internal customers
· Flexibility on the job and the ability to work under multiple, daily deadlines
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence and e-mails
· Ability to manage several different tasks simultaneously
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information at all times
· Willingness to travel to various locations/sites as needed
· All candidates must have the ability to speak, read and write English
· 2 plus years experience working with Commercial and Industrial customers including experience responding to RFPs, customer care, sales, marketing, operations, etc.
· Knowledge of the energy industry
· Experience with Salesforce CRM
· Level and depth of supervisory duties: NA
· Budget accountability, impact on asset management, and organization revenue: No budget accountability
· Level of independence, decision-making authority or strategic planning accountability: limited
· Internal and external contact relationships: Internal and external contacts
· Number of direct reports (Span of Control): Works under supervision of Executive Director/Manager
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Organization: Generation Constellation - Retail
Title: Business Dev Specialist
Requisition ID: 212696