Avangrid Lead Engineer-Fiber/Microwave Communications in Augusta, Maine
Lead Engineer-Fiber/Microwave Communications
Company: AVANGRID SERVICE COMPANY
Augusta, ME, US
Iberdrola is a global energy leader, the number one producer of wind power, and one of the world's biggest electricity utilities in terms of market capitalisation. The group supplies energy to almost 100 million people in dozens of countries including Spain, the United Kingdom (ScottishPower), the United States (AVANGRID), Brazil (Neoenergia), Mexico, Germany, Portugal, Italy and France, with a workforce of more than 35,000 people.
Iberdrola is leading the transition towards a sustainable energy model through its investments in renewable energy, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and digital transformation, to offer its customers the most advanced products and services. Thanks to its commitment to clean energy, Iberdrola is one of the companies with the lowest emissions and an international benchmark for its contribution to sustainability and the fight against climate change.
Senior technical resource responsible for performing enterprise Microwave and Fiber Optic system planning, engineering, project
management, documentation, and diagnostics. Provides level 3 engineering support on an afterhours oncall basis.
- Responsible for the analysis, scheduling, acquisition, implementation, and documentation of telecommunications hardware, software, and facilities for assigned
- Maintains awareness of and ensures compliance with ANSI, NEC, IEE standards, architecture and protocol standards, safety standards,
corporate accounting requirements, and collective bargaining unit craft work rules applying to telecommunications projects.
- Assist in the planning for enterprise RADIO, Microwave, SONET, and Fiber Optic telecommunications, engineering, documentation, and
diagnostics within the Operational Smart Grids network.
Design network solutions and device configurations for IP equipment including routers, firewalls, and Ethernet switches.
Lead the completion of assigned telecommunication engineering projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
Serve as Tier 3 support for telecommunications network facility, hardware, and software problems and engage required resources if
Monitor system performance and ensures capacity planning is performed by assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
Identify and evaluate new Point to Point/Point to Multipoint
Radio Microwave and Fiber technologies and products.
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in (Computer Science/Telecom/Engineering/ Technical field)
• At least 3 years as a Telecommunications/Network Engineer or its equivalent in the field.
• Experience with emerging telecommunications tools and technologies.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to plan, manage, and supervise vendor engagements.
• Project management skills including scheduling, cost tracking, development of task plans, and progress/status reporting.
• Able to multi-task.
• Able to work effectively with others in coordination of projects.
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com