Avangrid Lead Analyst - EHS Training & Public Education in Augusta, Maine
Lead Analyst - EHS Training & Public EducationApply now »
Start application with LinkedIn
- Please wait...
Date:Feb 9, 2021
Location:Augusta, ME, US
This position reports to the President and CEO of Central Maine Power with a functional relationship with Avangrid Networks EHS Manager of EHS Training and ensures that community outreach related to electric public safety is conducted in an assigned region. The position works with internal and external groups and will require routine regional travel that includes a regular evening and weekend work schedule.
Provide service both within and outside the organization by conducting community outreach (i.e. delivering safety education outreach to high-risk groups in the public & other EHS Training Programs. The programs would include but are not limited to OSHA regulations, EPA, DOT, Dig Safe, Electric/Gas Public Safety, and local regulatory requirements.
Focus on maintaining and delivering an educational program on electrical safety for schools and public service agencies through in-person and remote presentations
Organize environmental health and safety training programs including the date, time, location and duration of training events.
Assists with strategic budget planning and maintenance, coordination and distribution of training material, processing invoices, and other EHS duties as assigned.
Designs, develops and presents technical training programs for EHS & Public Safety Topics.
Maintains databases of media contacts, government officials, community leaders, critical constituents, including electric officials and the media, and regulatory agencies.
Assists with other EHS-related projects and initiatives, including storm and spill response.
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties.
• Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience preferred.
• Associates Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience or
• High School/GED with the completion of the relevant progression program and 10 years relevant experience required.
• Knowledge of specific operating departments and respective field tasks, training techniques, program development and Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
• Knowledge of industrial, technical or adult education, program development and administration, engineering and/or construction principles and techniques, and work management.
• Identifies, develops, implements and conducts advanced EHS & Public Safety training that will address the future needs of the corporation.
• Develops and establishes standardized test procedures and performance-based training programs that will build on trainees’ knowledge, skills, expertise and reliability.
• Ability to administer and evaluate students and candidates for practical and theoretical knowledge retention
• Provides consultation and support to applicable department/employees by analyzing training needs and developing programs and reports that will assist with problem-solving.
• Researches new methods, technology, tools and equipment that will result in competitive product costs.
• Have knowledge of instructional design and its impact on creating effective training programs
• Maintain organized training records for new and existing employees and ensure they are updated as required
• Honed communication and computer skills to deliver training of various media levels, which may include books, slideshows, computers programs and tutorials, classroom presentations, virtual presentations, and presentations to large groups
• Enthusiasm and adaptability to engage a variety of audiences during training sessions
• Work with stakeholders/customers to provide the necessary environment, infrastructure and venue for effective training of several to hundreds of learners
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and advanced technical writing communication skills.
• Technical knowledge and understanding of EH&S related laws and regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate with industry professionals across the company.
• Willingness to obtain further certifications and ongoing education.
• Professional H&S certifications (CIH, CSP, CUSP) preferred
• Ability to travel domestically routinely, including evenings & weekends.
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables