Vector Force Development Traffic Control Flagger General Labor - Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia
Traffic Control Flagger General Labor - Atlanta Atlanta, GA 30301
The Flagger must have the ability to perform routine manual and semi-skilled work in the underground construction industry. Responsible for the equipment used in their day to day operations. This position may operate a variety of hand and power tools. It is our policy to provide and maintain safe and healthful working conditions for all employees and make a positive impact on the environment. This is full-time with benefits. Must have valid Driver’s License. You will not be considered if you do not have a valid driver's license. Pre-employment Background check, Motor Vehicle Record Check and drug screen will be required. The company yard is in the downtown Atlanta area.
Pay is $15.00 per hour.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Based upon level of position, not all functions may apply)
· Performs traffic control and flagging activities as needed; follows safety rules and regulations on all work zone and flagging sites, including placing signs, barricades, traffic cones and other warning devices; safely controlling vehicular, pedestrian and construction traffic movements in a work area; duties may vary according to job assignment.
· Required to operate pickups and flatbed trucks (not requiring a commercial driver’s license), and miscellaneous hand tools in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures; conducts routine equipment maintenance and daily equipment inspections according to standards.
· Complete daily logs (vehicle, time, project, etc.) timely and accurately.
· Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
· Material handling and storage.
· Load and unload trucks, and haul and lift materials.
· Ensure that tasks are completed in accordance with all applicable company, local, state and federal rules and regulations.
· Effectively communicate problems or concerns to the Lead, Foreman, Project Supervisor or Safety Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Firm knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in traffic operations related to heavy/highway construction work.
· Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
· Ability to work independently and in groups in order to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
· Ability to repeatedly lift and carry heavy objects (75+ pounds), walk and stand for long periods of time, and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
· Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
· Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
· Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
· Ability to professionally interact with supervisors, project supervisors, coworkers, public, subordinate employees, other contractors, project owners and their agents.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 1 year experience in traffic control that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
· Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
· Current ATSSA Flagger certification preferred.
· Valid Driver’s License required; with a clean MVR is required per the company policy.
· Ability to work flexible hours and overtime. Must be able to arrive at the yard by 7:00am, which is determined by the foreman daily. Standard workdays are Monday through Friday.''Work Remotely
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
View Company Information (https://www.vectorforcedevelopment.com/) To see other positions, click here.