Southern Company Specialist, Creative Traffic/Print in Atlanta, Georgia
Specialist, Creative Traffic/Print
The Creative Traffic Specialist will be responsible for managing the flow of work through the Creative Services team to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and within budget for production across all mediums. This individual works closely with members of the Corporate Communications team to ensure that work flows efficiently from start to finish and aligns with company brand, goals and standards.
Representative Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serves as the primary coordination point for all internal and external creative projects.
• Monitors project budgets, timeframes, goals, scope, issues, risks, and milestones; communicates and reports on project progress against plan.
• Creates project schedules; communicates deadlines and project status updates.
• Moves jobs through creative and print process.
• Maintains project database (MS Sharepoint).
• Helps drive weekly team meetings where workload, priorities and upcoming deadlines are discussed.
• Assists in the development, deployment and enforcement of workflow process.
• Helps assist in monitoring creative asset Quality Assurance. Understands brand and brand guidelines.
• Assists in the solicitation of competitive bids for print and other jobs.
• Interfaces with vendors to ensure quality end product.
• Investigates new technologies, methods and solutions.
• Performs minor website updates through a Content Management System.
• Assists in administrative tasks as needed; processing invoices, scheduling delivery and pick-up of deliverables, etc.
Required Education and Experience:
• BA/BS in Graphic Design, Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications or related field
• 3-5 years in a traffic position – agency experience a plus
• Strong knowledge of the print process dealing with vendors
• Strong organization skills; attention to detail
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Knowledge and understanding of various advertising and communications vehicles, including digital media
• Tech savvy with ability to easily adapt and learn new technologies
• Creativity and problem solving; ability to multitask
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
• Must be able to work under frequent pressure to meet deadlines
• Must be able to independently set priorities of tasks during multiple assigned projects
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
75% Keyboarding and using a mouse, 25% meetings
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Communications & External Affairs
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: AGL Services Company
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
AGLR Corporate Office - 10 Peachtree Place NE (10AtlantaCODE)
10 Peachtree Place NE
Req ID: GAS2001338