Sumter Utilities Directional Boring Foreman in Atlanta, Georgia
Sumter Utilities, Inc. (a Quanta Services company) seeks Crew Foreman for Directional Boring & Underground Utility operations in the Atlanta area.
Successful candidates will possess: + Minimum of 3 years experience operating small to mid-size horizontal directional drills in an urban setting. + Knowledge/ability to safely execute an efficient directional drilling plan to meet project requirements. + Knowledge/ability to oversee & supervise all drilling operations in strict compliance with Safety & Environmental requirements. + Knowledge/ability to manage daily drilling & bore path reports and perform final as-built surveys. + Demonstrated record of providing positive support, training and development for crew members. + Capabilty to analyze operational performance and recommend needed adjustments.
We are happy to consider those with experience in other underground utility work such as gas, cable, phone, telecom, water & sewer, etc. Preference may also be given to candidates who are able to bring along additional qualified candidates to form entire work crews.
SAFETY IS A CORE VALUE FOR OUR COMPANY so substantial weight will be given in the selection process to candidates demonstrating their shared commitment to safe operations.
We offer competitive wages, paid vacation and holidays, a full benefit package including Health, Dental, Vision, Optional Critical Care Insurance, LifeLock Identity Protection and both Company Paid & Supplemental Life Insurance as well. Benefits are available the 1st day of the next month following hire date. We also offer a 401k Retirement Savings Plan with a substantial company match.
All employees are eligible to apply for entry into SUI's DOL Certified Apprenticeship Program. (Must have CDL, a HS Diploma or equivalent and waiting period is minimum of 6 months.)
Possession of a valid Class A CDL is HIGHLY PREFERRED. Those hired without a CDL may be required to obtain within 90 days of employment.
Sumter Utilities Inc. is an Equal Opportunity - Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace Employer
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
• Provide direct supervision & technical guidance to UG Linemen, Equipment Operators and Groundmen performing maintenance & construction on underground utility projects.
• PROFICIENT in reading and interpreting site plans, construction prints/drawings and scopes of work.
• PROFICIENT in safe operation of heavy equipment such as backhoes, trenchers, mini-excavators, etc.
• Have total commitment to Safety and Compliance. Able to effectively communicate, demonstrate and enforce requirements & best practices.
• Possess advanced understanding of compliance with OSHA Shoring & Trenching standards.
• Must be able to effectively lead and record Job Task Safety Analysis (JTSA) meetings.
• Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimal Customer Service.
• Responsible for coordinating essential personnel on-site for the project to include crew mobilization, subcontractors, traffic control, etc.
• Possess comfort level with using new technologies (mobile devices/apps) or show willingness to learn. Such tools are bringing Jobsite access to improved information and efficiencies.
• Efficiently manage all supplies, materials and equipment necessary to complete assigned work.
• Assist with planning, directing and budget activities concerned with the completion of underground line construction projects.
• Communicate directly with General Foremen, Superintendents, Construction Managers, Project Managers, Line Crews and other project personnel as required.
• Understand and follow detailed construction schedules.
• Possess High School Diploma or Equivalency.
• Able to coordinate & collaborate effectively with multiple levels within company...from fellow field professionals to back office support functions.
• Willing to travel and work away from home.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, demonstrate & encourage teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace.
• Be willing/able to work additional hours, when required.
• Be willing/able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
The employee is required to sit; frequently climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or maneuver up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or maneuver up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work is primarily performed outdoors so physical exposure to often extreme weather conditions, animals and insects and other outdoor hazards is unavoidable and required.
Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta
Job ID 2020-1087
# of Openings 25
Category Lineman Level Energized