Xcel Energy Electrician Job in Ashland, Wisconsin
Location(s): WI - Ashland
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
*NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Electrician(s) at the Bayfront Steam Plant located in Ashland, Wisconsin. This position requires a journeyman level skills or experience. The starting base pay for this position is $48.61 hourly.
Install, repair, troubleshoot and maintain plant electrical and electronic equipment, including work on voltages of 480 volts, and from time to time doing other types of maintenance repair work other than electrical work.
1) High School Diploma or GED.
2) Must have basic computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
3) Must have the ability to intelligently communicate constructively with plant personnel both verbally and in writing.
4) Must be able to work with minimal supervision, have strong leadership and teamwork skills.
5) Must be customer focused, have good organizational and problem-solving skills.
6) This position requires four years of applicable electrical maintenance experience achieved through successful completion of a four-year apprenticeship program OR a two-year trade school or the equivalent such as military training OR an AA degree in the electrical field plus two years of related experience.
1) Must pass physical and pulmonary function test and must abide by respirator policy.
2) Callouts, and overtime including weekends and holidays is required.
3) May be required to accept temporary assignments at other plants, as directed, by plant management
4) Must have thorough knowledge of AC and DC laws and equations, and all electrical test equipment
5) Must have the ability to read and understand logic, schematic and circuit diagrams
6) Will be required to perform duties when necessary from scaffolding and catwalks in high and confined areas
7) Ability to research and conduct electrical parts planning and plan lay outs for projects
8) Relocation to immediate area of Ashland, WI will be employee's responsibility. Must reside within 20-mile radius of Bay Front Plant within the first 6 months of hire
9) A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times.
1) Additional technical training and/or experience with boiler, steam turbine and overall power plant operation.
2) Experience working with mechanical equipment, machinery and heavy equipment.
3) Strong experience with variable frequency drive, turbine, generator and 3 phase motors.
4) Forklift experience or certification
5) Certified special O&M asbestos training desired
Selection criteria may include testing and/or assessment.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: WI - Ashland || WI - Ashland || United States (US) || Generation || 62223:Bayfront || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 25341
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com