Natural Rural Electric Cooperative Sr Executive Assistant, Insurance and Financial Services in Arlington, Virginia
The primary functions of this position include, but are not limited to (i) providing the highest level of professional administrative support to the Senior Vice President (SVP) and other members of the I&FS executive team, (ii) serving as the recording secretary and administrative coordinator for the I&FS Committee of the NRECA Board of Directors, (iii) operating as the office manager with respect to the facilities and resources of the I&FS department in Arlington, VA, and coordinating the activities of other administrative staff in support of the broader I&FS operation, (iv) managing or coordinating specific strategic projects and initiatives at the direction of the SVP and (v) consistently embracing and modeling the NRECA mission, vision and values.
Purpose and Mission
• Provide the highest level of professional administrative support to the Senior Vice President (SVP) and other members of the I&FS executive team, including:
• Coordinating development/monitoring of annual I&FS departmental budgets, including operating budgets for the SVP and iCARE Committee
• Reviewing/reconciling monthly departmental financial reports to ensure accuracy of revenue/expense allocations and to flag/resolve any errors or discrepancies, including the coding of vendor/contractor invoices and ensuring the accurate and timely processing of payments
• Managing calendars, schedules, meetings, travel arrangements and expense reporting/reconciliations, including anticipating scheduling needs, analyzing/resolving internal and external meeting priorities and conflicts
• Managing both incoming and outgoing communications and correspondence for the Plan Administrator’s Office, ensuring timely responses to inquiries, drafting/distributing communications and maintaining a secure filing and document storage/retrieval system
• Manages travel activities/reservations/issue resolution strategically for multiple events to ensure effective use of time and compliance with the NRECA travel guidelines
• Ensuring continuity of operations especially during heavy travel periods
• Provide support to other I&FS senior staff as needed.
• Serve as the recording secretary and administrative coordinator for the I&FS Committee of the NRECA board of directors, including:
• Directing all scheduling and logistics necessary to ensure that Committee meetings run smoothly and effectively, according to the approved agenda
• Collating, reviewing, publishing, and updating all Committee meeting materials and resources in Diligent according to published deadlines
• Documenting the official minutes for all Committee meeting, ensuring they are accurate, reviewed, approved, and published in a timely manner
• Organizing and maintaining all Committee records in a secure and efficient system to ensure easy retrieval and appropriate retention
• Coordinating with the Executive Assistant to the Board and the CEO’s Office to ensure they are aware of all I&FS Committee activities and meeting dates/agendas, issue meeting invitations as appropriate
• Operate as the de facto office manager with respect to the facilities and resources of the I&FS department in Arlington, VA, including:
• Directing office space planning, audio visual requirements, facility/maintenance issues, ergonomic evaluations, furniture purchases, supply ordering and inventory management
• Coordinating departmental activities involving multiple administrative assistants and support staff in support of the broader I&FS operation
• Assessing requirements/issues, providing recommendations/solutions and interfacing with NRECA departments to help ensure the maintenance of a safe and healthy workplace for I&FS employees and contractors
• Coordinating I&FS floor monitor/safety teams that respond to emergencies and evacuations, and maintaining/updating the I&FS Arlington safety plan
• Maintaining/managing the I&FS Arlington Business Continuity Plan (BCP), including reviewing/updating the BCP on an annual basis, publishing the updated BCP to I&FS senior staff, maintaining the I&FS BCP on the NRECA Business Continuity Management (BCM) SharePoint site, and coordinating/monitoring of annual I&FS BCP testing activities to ensure continuity of operations/productivity regardless of situational conditions.
• Managing the proper security and disposal of confidential information that s/he may be exposed to in the course of performing this position's duties, in accordance with NRECA’s Personnel & Administrative Policy, HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies, and other procedures manuals/regulations
• Serving as the designated I&FS Document Custodian, ensuring I&FS teams provide current/accurate information on the management/retention of electronic and paper files, updating the I&FS document retention policy on an annual basis, maintaining the I&FS record retention inventory on the NRECA Record Retention SharePoint site, and coordinating I&FS record management activities with the NRECA Enterprise Content Manager
• Support strategic programs and/or significant initiatives in I&FS as assigned or approved by the SVP, including managing special projects of a sensitive nature
• Model the NRECA mission, vision and values, including being accountable for consistently delivering service excellence to NRECA members and colleagues, developing/maintaining collaborative and collegial working relationships across NRECA, and demonstrating effective communication and creative problem solving with a positive attitude and a high degree of emotional intelligence
• Responsible for the proper security and disposal of any confidential information that he or she may possess in the course of performing this position’s job duties, in accordance with NRECA’s Personnel & Administrative Policy and HIPPA Privacy and Security Policies & Procedures Manuals.