PPL Corporation Team Lead – IT Fusion Center in Allentown, Pennsylvania
Team Lead – IT Fusion Center
- Management Domain:
• Direct employees who plan, monitor, operate and maintain critical IT and OT systems
• Manage the efforts of the change clearinghouse and coordination of work in change window.
• Manage monitoring and triage of event alerts in the enterprise IT / OT environment and oversee the process to handle escalation of exception conditions.
• Promote use of automation processes/tools to perform vulnerability and threat monitoring by employees and oversee the investigation and remediation of network and security risks.
- People Leadership:
• Assist Director and Managers as they align the new PPL IT vision and direction with the task of supporting critical IT / OT infrastructure
• Coach and mentor employees, providing specific, timely, and constructive performance feedback.
• Collect staff performance data against established service levels.
- General Management & Decision Making:
• Provide day-to-day leadership and operational management in area of responsibility.
• Execute objectives, plans, and policies for area of responsibility in line with Enterprise and IT Organization level strategy.
• Simultaneously help coordinate resourcing and impact of multiple projects that are within area of responsibility.
• Provide input to manager on employee performance, and on specific unit operations.
• Be on the lookout for new opportunities to leverage technology for continuous improvement and outsourced services for greater efficiency.
- Financial Oversight:
• Contribute to the development of budgets for area of responsibility and assists in the preparation of operational plans for the IT department.
• Oversee area of responsibility to adhere to approved budgets.
• Assist in communications that involve coordinating support and issue resolution or require a high level of interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Utilize negotiation and persuasion to come to agreement with others.
• In-person supervision of employees to ensure compliance with FLSA wage and hour issues as well as to monitor compliance with safety rules.
• May be assigned an Electric Utilities emergency and storm role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
• The company reserves the right to determine if this position will be assigned to work on-site, remotely, or a combination of both. Assigned work location may change. In the case of remote work, physical presence in the office/on-site may be required to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
The Team Lead- Fusion Center, under direct supervision of the Manager- Fusion Center, has first-line supervisory responsibility for the 24 x7 Fusion Center within the Operations organization.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
This position is a safety-sensitive role. Upon acceptance of a conditional offer, all individuals in safety-sensitive roles are obligated report the use of any medication that may impair their ability to perform the job in a safe manner.
Bachelor's degree and 7 years of related work experience OR 10 years of related work experience
Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Incumbent must effectively deal with rapid technological and business change.
Excitement, curiosity, and passion for shaping the future through digital technology.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
Regular or Temporary:
Utilities or energy experience.
Experience working in a 7x24 Operational environment.
Full-time or Part-time:
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities - Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities - provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad.
Follow PPL Corporation on social media
Follow PPL Electric Utilities on social media
PPL Electric Stories
- PPL Corporation Jobs