PPL Corporation Enterprise Security Architect in Allentown, Pennsylvania
Enterprise Security Architect
• Senior level technical advisor with superior expertise in IT Security and regulatory compliance. Guides and influences critical security architectural priorities.
• Collaborates with the Enterprise Security Team, Business Unit Security Teams, IT Architect-Infrastructure experts, IT leadership, Operational Technology Architects (SCADA) to develop agreed to approaches on improving security controls and security posture.
• Reviews applicable regulations; designs and provides guidance on the deployment of the architecture and processes necessary to achieve and maintain compliance.
• Influences and evangelizes PPL's Enterprise Security Strategy. Works with and influences key stakeholders at all levels (Managers, Directors, VPs, and Analyst to Senior Technical Staff) to drive architecture decisions to enable core business strategies in a secure and reliable fashion.
• Identifies new technology which can enhance security. Informs and educates IT and the business regarding potential benefits and applications. Advises on selection of technology solutions in business operating units to ensure those solutions fulfill expected security controls and requirements.
• Influences and establishes security controls roadmap to establish direction and requirements for operating units. Ensures alignment with corporate IT standards, architecture planning, and best practices for Enterprise Security.
• Maintains expert knowledge of Security technology, spanning IT, OT, on-premise and cloud, and including vendor products, infrastructure, application architectures and development methodologies.
• Promotes security integration into business life cycle processes, with a particular focus on business and IT transformation.
• Assesses and advises on cyber risk from the very tactical/technical to business strategic. Quantifies and expresses business risk/benefits based upon security architecture decisions.
• Provides thoughtful leadership related to security with external stakeholders such as regulators, DHS, FERC, NERC, law enforcement, and others.
• Ability to engage and influence technical experts, as well as senior business executives.
• All other duties and projects as assigned.
Physical presence in the office/on-site to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
50% travel should be expected, but may be less over time. Primary locations are Louisville, KY, and Allentown, PA, with occasional travel to the U.K.
Provides high-level expertise in shaping security standards, security architecture, and practices for the PPL Enterprise , to enable the PPL Cybersecurity Strategy and ensure cybersecurity risks are effectively managed. Interacts with and influences business unit technical leadership and stakeholders in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Operational Control Systems Technology (SCADA/Operational Technology). Provides guidance on security controls and architecture necessary for regulatory compliance and in support of enhanced business capabilities. Collaborates and advises business unit IT, cybersecurity, and OT groups in the development of Technology Roadmaps and in the introduction of new technology. Reports to CISO and serve on the CISO's staff as a key technical and architecture advisor.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• CISSP required.
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in a dynamic business and IT environments, to include at least 10 years of technical security experience and five years of technical architecture experience.
• Expert knowledge of information security standards, principles and practices required.
• Must understand and be knowledgeable regarding emerging security trends and marketplace solutions.
• Must be proficient in architecture formulation, including requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives, and architectural configuration options.
• Ability to gain consensus and alignment on strategies, objectives, and improvement initiatives that support the overall cybersecurity strategy and align to goals and objectives of business units.
• Strong organization and resource management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to share technical knowledge in layman's terms.
• Strong analytical, documentation, decision making, and interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with ambiguity.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
Regular or Temporary:
• Advanced degree preferred.
• Technical security certifications highly preferred.
• Operational Technology security expertise preferred.
• Business certifications related to auditing, compliance, and risk a plus.
• Analytics in a big data environment a plus.
Full-time or Part-time:
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities – Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities – provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad. Follow PPL Corporation on social mediaTwitter: @PPLCorporation (https://twitter.com/PPLCorporation)LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/ppl-corporation)Follow PPL Electric Utilities on social mediaTwitter: @PPLElectric (https://twitter.com/PPLElectric)Facebook (www.facebook.com/PPLElectric)