PPL Corporation Associate Category Manager in Allentown, Pennsylvania
Associate Category Manager
• Manage the procurement process from specification/definition of need through contract/purchase order issuance. Evaluate sources of supply and develop optimal pricing methodology and warranty protection. Utilize the most strategic sourcing method (alliance, auction, blanket, contract, master service agreement, purchase order) to acquire the necessary products and services at the maximum level of savings.
• Identify new sources of supply, and potentially acceptable new products/technologies. Establish/maintain professional relationships with suppliers/partners, based on the highest ethical business practices as set forth in the PPL Standards of Conduct and Integrity and PPL's Supply Chain Polices Develop negotiation strategies and company positions on routine and moderately complex (multi-million dollar) contracts, work with Office of General Counsel to identify and incorporate appropriate levels of commercial protection, and conduct negotiations to achieve the optimal business results for the company.
• Analyze and develop company position on supplier claims and disputes, and subsequently consult with senior Sourcing management to resolve/negotiate claims and disputes associated with procurements.
• Be the corporate expert for assigned small to mid-sized supply chain categories, and know the market drivers, supplier base, emerging technologies, and regulatory factors
• This position is authorized to award contracts up to $1,000,000 on any individual procurement before requiring additional management review.
• Acts as primary liaison to suppliers within assigned category.
• May be assigned an Emergency Response or Outage role.
• Physical presence in the office/on-site to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
• May be assigned an Electric Utilities emergency and storm role. This is a special assignment that comes into play during storms and other emergencies when the company needs to restore power or respond to other issues affecting customer service. This role may necessitate the need to work after-hours, outside of your normal schedule.
The purpose of this position is to manage the acquisition of a variety of corporate requirements, and issue contractual commitments with an estimated value of up to $1 million per commitment. This position is authorized to make award decisions up to $1,000,000 on any individual procurement before requiring additional management review. Responsible for procuring materials and services at the best evaluated total cost of ownership, and assuring quality and schedule compliance in accordance with the end user’s requirements. In addition, this position provides contract management support, conducts negotiations, performs market, price and financial analyses, manages internal customer satisfaction and manages supplier performance and relationships, and drives continuous improvement and productivity with suppliers and customers. This an entry level position that works independently with minimal to moderate direction from more senior peers and supervision.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
Bachelor’s degree in supply chain. business, engineering, or related fields.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
Regular or Temporary:
• Experience in Electric Utility supply chain (Distribution and/or Transmission and Substations).• Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and databases.• Demonstrated problem-assessment and problem-solving skills.• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Full-time or Part-time:
As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities – Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities – provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad. Follow PPL Corporation on social mediaTwitter: @PPLCorporation (https://twitter.com/PPLCorporation)LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/ppl-corporation)Follow PPL Electric Utilities on social mediaTwitter: @PPLElectric (https://twitter.com/PPLElectric)Facebook (www.facebook.com/PPLElectric)