Dominion Energy CAD Design Technician in AKRON, Ohio
CAD Design Technician
Date:Mar 8, 2018
Location:AKRON, OH, US, 44333
Dominion Energy is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 25,700 megawatts of generation, 14,400 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline, and 6,500 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion Energy operates one of the nation's largest natural gas storage systems with 1 trillion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves more than 6 million utility and retail energy customers.
Our company is built on a proud legacy of public service, innovation and community involvement. In addition to our core energy production, transportation and storage businesses, we invest in communities where we live and work and by practicing responsible environmental stewardship wherever we operate.
Diversity is linked to every aspect of our business to include how we attract, develop and retain our future talent. An inclusive environment encourages the coming together of different talents, thoughts and energies. The company’s commitment to employing military veterans through the Troops to Energy Jobs program is one way we are able to ensure workforce diversity.
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
Dominion East Ohio is currently seeking CAD Design Technicians(formally posted as Engineering Technician- Design)for our Akron, OH office. As our CAD Design Technician you will:
1) Perform drafting and design work, and complete related paperwork and other engineering recording;
2) Conduct maintenance activities associated with the design of Company facilities;
3) Prepare manual or computer assisted drawings in accordance with Company standards;
4) Complete necessary paperwork and input data into company record systems as required;
5) Provide information and direction to others regarding company facilities;
6) Coordinate activities on Company projects utilizing engineering records, field book and mapping information, etc.;
7) Compile cost estimates for construction projects;
8) Design the installation and/or relocation of company facilities, including required material and piping configurations for pipelines, services, pressure regulating stations, etc.;
9) Perform duties within the CAD Design Technician classification for which he/she is qualified
You may work under the direction of like classifications and/or supervisor, but would often be left to your own resourcefulness to accomplish the work. You may lead, direct and assign the work of like classifications as well as contractors. A valid driver's license is required.
*Relocation and interview reimbursement costs are not included with this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
Required- (Please make sure your resume clearly states how you meet these requirements):
1) Required: Vocational or technical training in an engineering or related drafting/design discipline.
2) Required: 0-2 years experience or formal training in computer aided design (CAD).In your resume, be sure to specify with which CAD platforms you have experience or formal training.
Also required: Good computer, math, and communication skills (written and verbal).
Preferences-(Be sure to include in your resume if you have any of these preferred skills or experience):
1) GIS experience
2) Utilities experience
3) MS Office experience
4) Understanding of welding, plastic fusion, inspection and test procedures
5) Awareness of State and Federal regulations as they pertain to facility design and construction.
Required:Vocational or technical training in an engineering or related (drafting/design) discipline.
Required: Experience or formal training in computer aided design (CAD).
In your resume, be sure to specify with which CAD platforms you have experience or formal training.
No Testing Required
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Nearest Major Market:AkronNearest Secondary Market:ClevelandJob Segment:Gas, Gas Technician, Technician, CAD, Drafting, Energy, Technology, Engineering