Avangrid Service III - Adams, MA (BGC 10359) in Adams, Massachusetts
Service III - Adams, MA (BGC 10359)
Company: THE BERKSHIRE GAS COMPANY
Adams, MA, US
POSITION - Union: Service III – Adams, MA (10359)
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 1
Under the supervision of qualified personnel, perform or assist with utility compliance work performing gas Meter changes, leak surveys, customer gas turn on and offs, performing gas piping for meter relocations as well as responding to gas leaks and other emergencies during business and outside of normal business hours as an “on-call” first responder. Provide support for other departments as needed.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Position interfaces with Berkshire Gas customers while performing gas meter installations, meter changes of various sizes and capacity providing leak surveys and equipment safety checks.
• Perform “fitting” gas piping work gas service upgrades or relocation of gas regulation and meters from inside to outside of customer owed property as directed.
• Respond to gas emergencies for gas odor complaints and gas leak response during business and outside of normal business hours as “on-call” first responder.
• Routinely performs debt collections by interacting with the customer.
• Operates company owned vehicles and equipment.
• Provides other services as required and supports other departments as needed.
Education and Experience
Education & Experience/Training Required:
• High school diploma or equivalent GED.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving history
• Must be able to secure DOT certification
• Residency within the Adamsdistribution area
Skills and Requirements
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface with customers at times regarding sensitive confidential information.
• Effective problem-solving skills with attention to detail and the analytical ability to evaluate complex data and apply good judgment to take appropriate follow up actions as needed while working without close
• Strong PC skills are required along with proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel and Word
applications and the ability to learn associated departmental business software.
• Must possess superior arithmetic skills and ability to use a calculator.
• Must have good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions and at times make critical decisions regarding the safety of life and property.
• Must be highly productive and results oriented and willing to work in a team environment.
• Must possess dexterity for operating hand and power tools required in a safe manner.
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate & Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
AVANGRID employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties.
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org